Baker Depot Painting Project

dachtera

Videographer/Web
Administrator
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Greetings all,

Boyd and Shirley Ferrell along with some help have been getting the Baker Depot cleaned up, and cleaned out. They have been doing some prep work to prepare to paint the depot before showtime. It has been power washed, and some scraping started.

I understand they have some supplies in the Depot to continue on the prep work. They'll be unable to get back to the Hill until August, and I'm certain they would appreciate any help with scraping and prep to get the building ready to paint!

If anyone else has talked with Boyd or Shirley on this, please provide any information you have. I'll be up at the hill every weekend now until show, so if in doubt I can probably help find supplies and get started.

There is a list in the Mercantile that includes scraping the outside of the building and painting. For one of our electricians there are some lights to be put up outside the depot as well. There is a more extensive list posted in the depot as well as some more detailed information and Boyd's contact information. I believe most of the supplies are in t=waiting in the depot.

Baker depot

A list of projects is posted inside the front sliding door of Baker Depot.

OUTSIDE OF BUILDING ----
-replace rotted, broken board outside of building including soffit.
-scrape old loose paint.
-paint outside of building. (Paint cans are marked and in storage room
inside depot)

INSIDE OF BUILDING----
-new sheetrock on wall in freight room needs taping, mud and primer paint
(paint in storage room in depot)
-paint ceiling in living area of depot (paint in storage room)

THANK YOU to all volunteers for your help on this project. We are
overwhelmed by your willingness to see this project completed.
Boyd & Shirley Ferrell home 218-835-7719, cell 701-371-1572.

Baker Depot

Boyd & Shirley will not be at Rollag this week-end but will be there Friday, 16th until after the show.
If you have any questions please call us. 218-835-7719 or cell 760-351-1572.
Thank You
Boyd

Refrigerator for Baker Depot

If anyone has a used refrigerator (no wider than 30") they no longer need we could use one at Baker Depot for the train crew to keep their ice water in.

Thank You
Boyd Ferrell
218-835-7719
cell 701-351-1572

8-24-13

Also we could use a Studio Couch or Day Bed for Baker Depot.
And a large braided rug for living room area.

This project is coming together and we are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thank You to all who have given us encouragement and spent time working on this building. Baker Depot is really a testimony as to the GREAT VOLUNTEERS we have at WMSTR!!!

Boyd & Shirley will be at Baker Depot about noon on Monday to help with
whatever is needed.

Thank You
Boyd

Back