1934 Farmall fuel pump

80pfd

Intermediate Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
I have a 1934 Farmall F-12 with a fuel pump.
A number of years ago, my Uncle Morris told me that he "just parked the tractor when the fuel pump gave out".
Yesterday, I started to re-furbish the tractor after it not having been run for about 7+/- years. As I took off the fuel pump for cleaning, I noticed that the pump appears to be run by a pin which is approx. 1/4" diameter and is in line with the crankshaft.
Any one in my area who has either owned or re-built an F-12 tells me that they have never seen an F-12 with a fuel pump. Their experience is with ones with a gravity feed from the fuel tank.
I am asking for any help possible.
Also: When I removed the fuel tank and checked the condition inside, I notice a layer of "?" inside coating the baffels. What is a good way to remove that "stuff" from inside the tank?
Thank you for your help.
Paul

I don't know much about the Farmall. I would remove the tank and put a half a gallon of solvent in it with a couple handfuls of small nuts and bolts and then slosh it around to clean it.

F-12 fuel tank

Interesting --
I will try the solvent and hardware idea.
Thank you.
Paul

Talked to my dad at case-ih dealer today. He said he has heard of a fuel pump on a f-12. He can get them, said you don't want to know how much. If you want, pm me and I will give you his number.

Back