• Many of the photos in this section are obtained from the showbook committee.

W.M.S.T.R. Memorial Ride

DOXEY41

Mega Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Western Minnesota Steam Threshers Reunion
Memorial Day Ride Sunday, 29th, 2011
A ride to remember our W.M.S.T.R family & friends

poster.png

Ride info

Hello all this is Josh
Rick H and myself were going to get more logs for the real mill! We got to talking about the long line up of motorcycles along the fence. The more we talked we discovered that both of us have bikes. Then the two of us thought, what great fun it would be to have a ride among the [FONT=&quot]W.M.S.T.R [/FONT]folks. Then I really started thinking really hard about it. This is what I came with.
Where - W.M.S.T.R at the Case Eagle Memorial wall​
When – Sunday 29 2011 (most of us have Monday off that’s why it is on Sunday)
Time – Meet at 10:00 AM we will leave at 11:00 AM
Cost – Free will donation (funds will go to the Memorial wall)
Can anyone come – Yes more the merrier!
Miles - 178 to 200 approximately
How long will the ride be – Up to you? You can break off anytime just let us know. I rode the rout I left at 11:00 am arrived back to the grounds around 5 ish. Plan on a full day of beautiful scenery (knock on wood)
Maps – will be available soon
Stops – Pelican Rapids (huge Pelican) Dalton show grounds, Inspiration Peak (stop for lunch), Battle Lake (gas), Vergas (Billy’s Corner Bar to have a soda) and others to be decided. I will have times of roughly when we will be arriving, so that you could join us later in the day, if you could not make it right away
Safety Meeting – Before we leave (it wouldn’t feel right without one)​
Extras – Time of silence​
Prayer​
Stories​
Friends​
Nice Weather!​
Curvy roads​
Maybe a Grinder Girl or two​
I would like thank everyone who as help me along the way. Crystal Aakre she designed the poster thanks what great work she does. Rick H for the idea thanks. The Members & The Board for allowing me to put this on. To all that will help along the way and anyone I forgot thanks! I will update this with pictures of sites, stops, times and a map.
Sincerely Josh Doxey any questions send me a PM or Email I will respond.

Photo of the peak

This is Inspiration Peak in the winter. Sorry I haven't taking a photo in the summer but I will before the ride. The photo does not do justice of the view. Facts 20 mile circle look out of 50 lakes, pastures, fields and many more. 400 feet above the surrounding plains, 1750 above sea level. Which puts it at one of the highest points in Minnesota
joshs044.jpg

We will have great weather! As long as there is no snow on the ground I will be happy:rof:

Just giving this a bump so people are reminded about the ride!

Hope to see you all at Rollag Memorial Day Weekend!!!

Thanks Eileen!
Sorry everyone I will have a map up shortly. Its been crazy dash to get everything done before the rain hits. Thanks Josh

W.M.S.T.R Memorial Ride Sunday May 29th 2011

Meet at the case eagle at 10:00am leave at 11:00AM

Here it is folks the map of the ride sorry it’s so late. I do have 20 maps to give out at the ride. Now on the times of when and how long we will be at each place are close but not exact. The lunch at inspiration peak is a little on the spendy side. They have a lunch buffet that goes until 2.00 pm the coast was eleven dollars and some change. After that there is a regular menu which is about average. If this is an issue with your check book you should make other plans on food. The ride is 187 miles give or take a few. If you have any questions about anything send me a PM I will respond as soon as I can. PS if anyone knows they are going respond here or send me a PM so I can have some kind of head count.This ride will go rain or shine! Thanks again Josh
2011-05-23_18-50-31_988.jpg

Looks like a fun run you have planned Josh. I hope they change the forcast!!!:mad:

Sunday
Partly Cloudy
Scattered Storms
High: 74°
Low: 52°

run

Our apologies Josh, we won't make it for the ride. Hoping to get the camper up there sometime this weekend but don't know about work yet.
Hope you have a good turn out with good weather!

Hey Jon
No need for apologize I know people are busy this weekend. There is always next year I hope this becomes a annual event!! We will have to see how good of turn out we get. Tim D said he is going to mount a video camera on his car now that is going to be cool video!

Sunday
Mostly Cloudy
High: 67°
Low: 47°

Forcast is looking a little better!!!:thumb:

Hello all
update on the ride let's just say wow! We had a great turn out for the first annual W.M.S.T.R ride. There was 16 bikes and mid 20s of riders. As soon as I can I will get pics of the ride
Thanks again Josh

It was one of the most enjoyable days I have had for a long time Josh! You did great in the planning and the scenery was terrific. Can't wait for the pictures and for the run next year!!:thumb:

I need to say I am sorry to Tim D and Eileen T. I forgot to thank them at the beginning of the ride. Tim did an excellent job at photos and video. Eileen helped me get ready in the morning. Without their help the ride would not have been as cool as it was. Thank you two very much! Also Yancy and Jo drove in the back to make sure everyone was ok thanks guys! Rick thanks for the kind words and your prayer was unbelievable you are very good with words! Just one last shout out to the members and board in Dalton. They had buildings open and Pete M was down there firing on the Rumly. That was so cool to hear the whistle and smell the smoke as we rode into the grounds! Thanks Pete

I only got some pictures of the ride. I do know that Tim D, Crystal and Yancy got a bunch. When you guys have time please post them thanks.
Just a few of the bikes by the case eagle. This group of riders have never been to the show. Because of the ride they said the are coming to our show. About Ten where in this group.
2011-05-29_10-41-21_476.jpg

Beginning of the ride
2011-05-29_10-41-33_367.jpg

2011-05-29_10-41-24_578.jpg

2011-05-28_08-25-41_887.jpg

Now these photos are from a top of Inspiration peak. Third highest elevation in Minnesota

2011-05-29_14-32-28_500.jpg

2011-05-29_14-32-32_528.jpg

2011-05-29_14-32-36_247.jpg

Inspiration Peak

2011-05-29_14-32-39_450.jpg

2011-05-29_14-32-52_888.jpg

Thats all I have to share for pictures. Tim knows how many people and bikes showed up. We raised over 150 dollars for the the Case Memorial Wall! Thanks to all who came and helped

The final total money raised from the ride is $190.00! We had ten people that have never been to the show. Because of the ride they will be back for the show! Now that is to cool. I would say for the first year out and only donations. That was an awesome turn out. Next years ride is already being planed! Thanks again for making this a success!

:thumb:Way to go Josh!

PS, did someone grab the American Flag by the Front gate when they shut it Sunday night? If so can you return it to me or Tim? Or you can give it to Yancy, Doxey or Leaha if you see them! Thanks!

Back