• Many of the photos in this section are obtained from the showbook committee.

Neil Bjorndahl

Ned

Mega Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Neil-Bjorndahl-Obituary-Photo.jpg
Neil H. Bjorndahl
1938 - 2019

Neil H. Bjorndahl, 80, of Hawley, MN, died January 19, 2019 in Hawley, MN.

Neil was born March 25, 1938 in rural Hawley, MN, son of Nilmer and Helen (Peterson) Bjorndahl. He attended country school in rural Hawley and later attended Moorhead High School.

He enlisted in the Marine Corp in June of 1956. He married Elsie Swenson December 8, 1956 in Dilworth, MN, and they made their home in California while in the Marine Corp. After his discharge they moved to Dilworth, MN.

Neil worked in construction and trucking for many years. He lived in Montana and California, moving back to Hawley in May of 2017. He was very active in WMSTR in Rollag, MN, along with the VFW in Moorhead. Neil later married Dora Larinto in California. She passed away in 2010.

Neil is survived and will be missed by his four children: Debbie (David) Branden of Dilworth, MN, Richard of Moorhead, MN, Kevin of Hawley, MN, and Lori (Richard) Gruhl of Hawley, MN; brothers, Erling (Erlis) of Hawley, MN, and Glenn (Mary) of Baton Rouge, LA; eight grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren; and also many nieces and nephews.

He was preceded in death by his parents; brother, David and his wife Arlinda; grandson, Jay Branden.

A memorial service will be held on Saturday, February 2, 2019 at 2:00 PM with a visitation beginning one hour prior to the service at Wright Funeral Home, Hawley, MN.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neil was true gem! I helped him park his Waterloo Boy tractor a few times, and he always had a funny story: One was a $150+ ticket in New Mexico mailed to him after an airplane had tracked him doing something like 95MPH on I-40 on his way to Rollag from California. I'dd him about it every time I saw him and we'd have a good laugh. Neil was a nice man, it's sad to lose good guys like him.

Back