YouTube Video Referencing Our Show

I did not get to see the whole edited version... I think what we saw on Tuesday night lost about 7 or 8 minutes somewhere, but I did see most of the first segment before something went wrong and I lost signal from my makeshift setup to receive Pioneer north of Fargo.

I threw this together about 10 minutes before the start of the program after the long workday at Larson Welding. (UHF Yagi I had in storage mounted to my satellite dish pole very close to the ground)!

A1DE354D-E4E4-411C-A23F-65AB6FF87555-2818-000004B6B1D68BC4_zpsda4902ec.jpg

But I did get to see most of the first part, like Merlyn's interview... (note the old digital converter box in front of the old TV to convert the signal).

F01C5A28-F4B5-4FAA-AEC7-B096222E5AF8-2818-000004B6B673C131_zps10910099.jpg

And Bob's interview...

FDB53D54-DF35-4183-ABE3-4AFD82A53975-2818-000004B6B90A8B68_zpsa66a2562.jpg

And between the first 2 segments I saw they were including our (Dachtera / Moen) video with part of their pledge drive...

6DAD5A5F-A4AE-4F32-9F43-C968872830B9-2818-000004B751C0F88B_zps40c3f38d.jpg

Somewhere between segments 1 and 2, either the band conditions changed or something failed on my end and I could not receive the signal any more. Digital works that way... in most cases it is either all or nothing!

I did hear Ken say some very nice things about WMSTR during his first interview. He was very kind, and I look forward to him coming back some day and doing more with us.

Also, it was John Pfaff talking about the show to his bride (who works for Pioneer) that eventually put us on the radar and made this happen! Thanks John and Mrs. John...! and everyone else remember that you never know what conversation you have with someone you may not even know can result in!

John Pfaff - Could you use your inside connection to try and get their CD version that they could eventually offer to our members (or the general public) for sale? There are a LOT of us left out in the cold so to speak. For the members that are not in their broadcast area and already have the video from the hill $75.00 is pretty steep for one video CD. I would certainly order a copy or two if they offered it without the membership and our video. We have members all across the nation and I think it would still be a good fundraiser for them.

Thanks,
Rick

Others may have better information than I do, but it is my understanding that eventually it will be available to buy from the Pioneer Public TV Store. It is not listed yet, but here is the link.

http://www.pioneer.org/shoppioneer.php

It looks like all their other local productions are available. I am sure that they are not going to list it until it is done airing on the station.

Anyway, that is my hope, I am going to keep checking and order it as soon as it becomes available. I really want to see it.

Darren

Darren Gunderson;11750 said:
Others may have better information than I do, but it is my understanding that eventually it will be available to buy from the Pioneer Public TV Store. It is not listed yet, but here is the link.

It will Darren.

I have been talking to them about some other things this week, and I made sure to mention that we have people living all over the country who will want to see this. The DVD has not been produced yet, but should be in a couple of weeks. They have dozens that need to go out for their pledge drive event.

I recorded the original Saturday night event (when it was replayed on Tuesday.) During that broadcast they had Ken Speake on with Les, the manager of Pioneer during the breaks talking about his WMSTR experience. He did on outstanding job selling our show. I cannot make that available for everyone, but I do intend to have it playing at some WMSTR events in the future for those who wish to watch it.

Sorry Rick-I haven't logged in for awhile. But what Darren & Mark are saying is about where things are right now. Several members have called the station and they are now aware of how many members we have outside of their viewing area-not to mention those in the area that can't get a signal. (Not all are as talented in signal capture as our president is). It is a topic of concern at their meetings, so we can only hope they will come up with a solution. If I get any more info I will post it here. John
p.s.--see, Mark! They need a deadline. Haven't even made the DVDs yet & it's time to mail them out!

The day the documentary was aired I got the number from a friend and called in and sponsored them so I have an official disk now. If anyone would like to borrow it let me know and I can get it to you. It is definately worth watching.

I see that Pioneer Public TV has posted the Postcards version of what they shot for viewing on line.

http://video.pioneer.org/video/2364991877/

It is about 15 minutes of the show but at least for those of us who have not been able to see the full one yet, it gave a taste of it. It starts out with most of what was in the preview but does get into other stuff after the introduction.

Darren

Back