WMSTR 1967 video

Hi Ned,

Where do you find these things? Thank you for finding and sharing.
I recognized some of the tractors, how many are still on the grounds?

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

Great fine Ned.

You know what I thought was pretty cool? Lots of trees and people without a lot of buildings.
And still everyone seemed happy to be there. I wonder what has changed?

Sid

That video is almost twice as old as I am! Very cool find thanks for sharing! I think these videos and pictures and such are what get a lot of us through "Non-Steam" season.

Karl,
I think the video you posted is taken at Dalton. That return flue engine powering the threshing machine is a Minnesota Giant built by the Northwest threshing machine company in Stillwater MN. That engine was at Dalton for a very long time and now is display at the Mill City museum in Minneapolis as a static display.
Still a great video

Ned,
I do hope you have a Industrial Strength Cooling System for that Encyclopedic Brain of yours. Wow!!!! How in the world do you have this wealth of information in such a young mind? Regardless, thank you for sharing your knowledge with us. It is great to have the historic and well as the location of these engines and the background. Stay cool. See you at the show grounds.

Sid

That video is almost twice as old as I am! Very cool find thanks for sharing! I think these videos and pictures and such are what get a lot of us through "Non-Steam" season.

Graig, I thought you knew, you are never out of "Steam Season" in your head. I visit the hill every day and can even smell the smoke when my imagination kicks into high gear. :D

We will be on the hill before you know it, Think positively.

Sid

Thanks Ned and Karl! I found it interesting in Karl’s video that Dalton used to be by the ocean. Did Dalton move or did the ocean? Happy Easter all.

Good eye Ned and thanks for the pictures in the museum. I can't believe I missed that in the video. That's always been one of my favorite engines-return flue, chain drive, unique water makeup pump, short & fat, built in Stillwater,MN. I think it is a 25 H.P. I saw it for many years at Dalton and it seemed to be more neglected as time went by. It probably wasn't passing inspections any more. I tracked down people in the Risbrudt family to see if they would be interested in selling it to me. They said yes EXCEPT for the fact that they had sold it to the museum since the previous show to raise money to rebuild their Case engine. SO CLOSE! If I wasn't such a procrastinator, it might now be at Rollag. It's exciting to see it again all painted up pretty. Too bad it isn't back to running condition. If I didn't hate driving in the Cities so bad I'd go & visit an old friend. -John

Good eye Ned and thanks for the pictures in the museum. I can't believe I missed that in the video. That's always been one of my favorite engines-return flue, chain drive, unique water makeup pump, short & fat, built in Stillwater,MN. I think it is a 25 H.P. I saw it for many years at Dalton and it seemed to be more neglected as time went by. It probably wasn't passing inspections any more. I tracked down people in the Risbrudt family to see if they would be interested in selling it to me. They said yes EXCEPT for the fact that they had sold it to the museum since the previous show to raise money to rebuild their Case engine. SO CLOSE! If I wasn't such a procrastinator, it might now be at Rollag. It's exciting to see it again all painted up pretty. Too bad it isn't back to running condition. If I didn't hate driving in the Cities so bad I'd go & visit an old friend. -John
John that was exactly what I thought. Liz and I were on vacation down there a few years ago and at the time I didn't know that it was living in the museum. We just had heard about touring the museum so we did and as I wandered around I turned the corner and saw that engine sitting there and I thought to myself I know an engine exactly like this and the more I looked the more EXACTLY it came to be!!
I was glad to see it saved and still providing entertainment and education for the public.
Side note as much as I dislike driving in the cities it was an enjoyable tour / museum

Back