We have a tree down

dclong

Ortner Engineer
WMSTR Lifetime Member
We need some help with a partially down willow tree in Bill Dey Park. Here are some pictures:

CIMG0252.jpg

CIMG0254.jpg

CIMG0249-1.jpg

Believe it or not, Nadine's Garden signpost looks to be holding the tree up. Dan and I don't feel comfortable getting the tree down w/out making a bigger disaster. If we could get some one with some wood cutting expertise to get the tree on the ground we will take care of the rest of the cutting and the cleanup. If you have any questions, please PM me. We would appreciate any assistance! Thank you!

Absolutely

Yes, it is absolutely Bill Dey Park. My appologies, I'm still a relative newbie and I just used the wrong term. I'll make that correction. I also see I unknowingly posted it twice. I'll remove the extra post.

Dawn,

Talk to Byron in the service building. He should be able to help you out. You can tell him that I told you to check with him.

Good to see you guys this weekend. I wanted to get by to visit, but I was insane busy all day and never got the chance.

Hi all,

Sunday morning Klinger told me he needed someone in the bucket of his service truck with a chain saw, and I volunteered for that position.

After dinner we wiggled his truck to the north side of the tree and went to work. The frist few pieces were cut and dropped with out damage to the flower bed. Then we hooked the crane to the piece directly over the flower bed, cut it loose and Klinger set it to the side.

When I left the "stump' was still about 16 feet long, but could be dropped to the ground without hitting anything. Later, Klinger came back and did some more cutting.

Dave Shrinner (spelling?) looked at what we cut and has interest in taking the long pices to the saw mill and cutting boards.

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

ps: Sorry, no pictures from me. I was in the bucket with a chain saw.

Awesome!

Jerry,
That is great. Thanks so much to all of you guys for taking care of that. We really appreciate it!

That makes perfect sense to take the large pieces for the sawmill. So, whatever Dave wants, he is welcome to! We will clean up whatever is left next time we are there.

Thanks again for taking care of that and for taking such care around Nadine's Garden. All your work is appreciated!

Mark,
Thanks for your suggestion! I was just getting on to PM you regarding Byron's contact info when I saw Jerry had posted.

You guys ROCK!:thumb:

Back