Wanted: A few good sound techs

dachtera

Videographer/Web
Administrator
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Have you dreamed of running live audio in a pole barn?

Do you like to feel the power of over 3,000 wats of power at the touch of your fingertips?

Do you enjoy being in the shade on a 90 degree WMSTR day?

--

If you answered "YES" to any of the above questions, then maybe the following is just for you!

The TMB is recruiting a few volunteers who are interested in learning how to, and operate the audio system in the TMB. We are attempting to bring in more music to the building during the day, which requires a live body to monitor the system during this time.

If you want to learn about audio, and how it all works, or if you already know how to run a board and are looking to contribute in more areas of the show, then this could be for you!

For now, we are looking for help in the afternoons and some evening assistance, and will certainly work with you and show you all the ropes, with help never too far away.

If you are interested, or know anyone who might be interested in helping out, post back here, or contact myself, or Karl Stange.

:D :p ;) :bannana: ;) :p :D

Thank you,

Tim,

You could say I'm experienced in mixing sound/running the sound board; I'm in charge of it for my church. I plan to help the show as much as I can, and would be able to help if no one else has interest. My main interest at the show is learning/helping at the sawmill...but they have everything cleaned up by 6 or so, from what I have seen. Good luck, and to everyone even moderately interested: it is not that nerve-racking to learn! =D

Would a 17 year old qualify

Karl,

My son, Ryan a 8 year veteran of Rollag, is very interested in pursuing music production after completing high school. He is a Junior this year and will be turning 17 this week. He has a real interest in this activity and if the age is not a problem let us know.

Don Moos

2009 Sound Help

Ryan and Casey,

Did you have any interest in helping out this year? I've added in a lighting setup as well, nothing too complex to start with, but more fun to learn and play with.

If you're interested, please let me know!

I would be thrilled to learn how and help. I have experience as well; i run the sound board and lights for the school plays and help with it during choir and band concerts.

TMB Help

Craig,

Awesome. I'm typically in the TMB on and off the week prior to the show setting up and getting deliveries, Probably be there more than usual this year, improving the stage lighting.

Feel free to stop by, otherwise, during the show we do the Style show at 3, and the evening programs at 7pm. I'm pretty easy to find on the hill, and will have email/cell service, so PM me if you'd like some contact information.

Tim if you're still looking for help, I would be interested. I've been running sound at the local high school for about 15 years. Little rusty on the lights, but I can probably figure it out.

I wish we could balance out all the instruments in the gazebo..lots of roaming instruments moving thru, some end up too loud, then next round too quiet. lolol\depends on the people playing..

Mike - Sure could use some help. We're trying to get some music during the day, between the two parades. No real need for lights during the day, and unless someone really does something odd, the sound is close to auto-pilot :)

I think I would be able to help out with that. Make sure to remind me a little closer to showtime.

Back