Visitors Camping

m kerkvliet

WMSTR Past President
Administrator
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Would you like to visit with our visitors?

Do you understand RV's, and RV'ers... and like to deal with the special needs they might have?

Would you like to do a big part to help our show?

Sherwood Nelson has been in charge of visitors camping for many years, and he wants to retire! There is a good group of people who help out there, but they are looking for a new leader!

Sherwood will not be able to be on the grounds the week prior to the show this year, and that leaves us with a problem! There are a TON of campers that come in during this time frame!

Please consider this job, if you have the skills required to fill it! I think you will find it very rewarding!

Leave me a note via this forum, or just reply to this thread, and I'll get you in touch with the right folks!

Thanks Sherwood for the great job you have done out there!

I have been helping up there for 3-4 years now & I love it. I sure am going to miss Sherwood. Nobody can keep things in line like him.:) . I will be there the week before to work, 8-9 hours a day like always:bonk: , but I can't be in charge, just not mean enough I guess!

I hope someone has ordered the carts/rangers or whatever that we need to work up there. There is no way too do it without something to drive. Sherwood always took care of that so I hope someone has. Also the handicap area needs to be roped off. I should be there 24 or 25, I will kinda be in charge if need be for a while:p

BorderPatrolwife;2233 said:
I hope someone has ordered the carts/rangers or whatever that we need to work up there. There is no way too do it without something to drive. Sherwood always took care of that so I hope someone has.

This came up at the board meeting last Friday. It will be handled.

Cory Scharf has agreed to take a shot at leading the charge out in the visitors campground this year. The board approved this choice at last Fridays meeting. I assigned Cory a couple of radios so communications should be in order.

I am told Tim Kerkvliet will be in charge of the two short buses running out there. Tim used to ride the short bus... now he is in charge of them :biglaugh:...:hide:

Anyway, you folks do a great job out there. I hope you have a great show, and have fun!!!

campgrounds

I was told that there was no one in charge of the campgrounds this year and I guess it was true as the tent I had pitched out there disappeared when I was gone from the show and when asked about somebody in charge of the grounds I could talk to i was told there was nobody-It may have come down, I Had hoped that somebody would have turned it into the office but I suspect it got tossed instead

donnellythresher;11193 said:
when asked about somebody in charge of the grounds I could talk to i was told there was nobody-

You were told wrong... Cory Scharf is in charge of the campground and he does a great job with the help of a few other folks.

Not sure about what happened with your tent. It was insane windy Saturday... perhaps it blew away?

What part of the campground were you camping in?

M Kerkvliet;11198 said:
You were told wrong... Cory Scharf is in charge of the campground and he does a great job with the help of a few other folks.

Not sure about what happened with your tent. It was insane windy Saturday... perhaps it blew away?

What part of the campground were you camping in?

when I arrived back at the grounds I walked up to the gate and talked to one of the campground bus drivers and specifically asked if there was somebody in charge that I could talk to about my situation and he said no. I was camped down by the "new" showers/restrooms. I assume that it probably blew down and somebody picked the stuff up and threw it away and I never thought of looking in the garbage bin until sun eve by then I am sure that the garbage truck had been by since I saw it on the grounds. in addition to my tent I had an air mattress blanket and Pillows in it. I should have taken it down but the idea of pitching a tent late at night did not appeal to me. as they say live and learn

lost tent

since I have not heard anything I have to assume that nobody has found my tent and my theory that it blew down and somebody threw it away when that happened is what happened or it blew way off the grounds. as they say live and learn and it was an expensive lesson.

lost tent

was wondering if anybody found out anything about my tent in the last year. since I have not heard anything I have to assume that somebody must have picked it up and just threw it away or it blew off the grounds. also I had a sweatshirt in one of the seats in the tmb did not expect them to put them back when they did if anybody finds it when they pull them out this yr take to the lost and found dept. I am planing on attending this weekend so if I do get there I will check in there.

Back