Tractor Shuttles

CaseyD

B & R Sawmill Crew
WMSTR Lifetime Member
What safety classes/training will I need to complete (if) I'm able to drive a tractor pulling a shuttle wagon at the next show--I'll be 17. I do not have any experience operating full-size tractors, but I know both how to drive a manual transmission truck and operate a hand-clutch(do any have that? :D) Either way, the knowledge of how to safely drive gas tractors seems to be a preliminary for the steam school that I will be attending this June. Is driving shuttles an activity that is usually filled up, or in need of volunteers?

Thanks,

Some weekend this summer, you find me... (I am there most weekends) and I'll hook up a tractor to a shuttle wagon, and well go over some things. I can get you the safety sheet you need to learn and live by, and you can read it over, and over, and over again!

Then, before the show, you will need to attend the safety meeting for the shuttle drivers, and then work with Ellis and his crew to find a time you can work with on the schedule! They always appreciate good drivers, especially when they show up for their shifts!

safety meetings for shuttle drivers

My husband and son want to provide and drive a shuttle tractor this year. What is the minimum age for a driver? When are the safety meetings? I know they are different/earlier than some of the others. Thanks for any answers you can give me.

Darcy

Darcy;11000 said:
My husband and son want to provide and drive a shuttle tractor this year. What is the minimum age for a driver? When are the safety meetings? I know they are different/earlier than some of the others. Thanks for any answers you can give me.

Darcy

Contact Ellis Aakre Darcy. He will be able to answer all of your questions.

Back