The Pabst Engine in Action

Jerry Christiansen

Mega Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Having several memory cards for you camera is both good and bad. Good in that a lot of memory is available. Bad in that a person can forget a picture or video they took some time ago. While cleaning out the camera I came across this.

Video here

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that Mark figgured out the problem I was having with the video, I have a couple more to show. These two have no narration, so you can listen to the sound of the engine running.

Video here

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent video on the Pabst operations Jerry. It really shows some of the action that is going on during the show. It still pales in comparison to being on the walk ways and up close while it is in operation.

Though I have not been able to see much of the display area on the grounds for many years I still try and make a visit to the Pabst at least once during the show.

Keep up the good work!!

Rick

Hi all,

The other day I was going to show a friend some video of the Pabst Engine. When I went to this old thread and 'clicked' on the link I got a message that said the video had been moved.

I went out to Photobucket to look and sure enough the addresses are different. The address change may have happened when Photobucket did an upgrade. If you have old threads with videos, you may want to check them to see if the links still work.

The three new links are below.

http://vid170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/jtchrist/pabstengine/MVI_0875.mp4

http://vid170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/jtchrist/pabstengine/MVI_0880.mp4

http://vid170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/jtchrist/pabstengine/MVI_0881.mp4

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

Last edited:
Jerry
I have updated your links on the older posts so they work

I need about a half hour straight of that sound -much like those "sleep tapes" of thunderstorms and such this would lull me to sleep every evening! Love it. Thanks for the videos.

Todd,

Occasionally we find a guest or two doing the 'sleep thing' in the building. Sometimes, especially on Monday afternoon of the show, we find one of the Pabst Crew doing the 'sleep thing'.

Some of us are thinking about mounting a camera upstairs on the engine with a monitor downstairs during show weekend. That would allow someone that can't manage the stairs to see the valve action closer up.

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

Sounds good. The valving on the Pabst is a sight to see. It will be nice to be able to show those who otherwise wouldn't see it.

Didn't somebody post something a while ago that they had taken a movie of the DeLaverne and sped it up so it looked like it was running at normal speed? I think if someone did that to the Pabst engine it would look pretty awesome.

when I go to this and other shows and see some of these engines it kind of boggles the mind that people years ago had the ability to make them and get them running as I assume most of the work was done by hand. kuddos also to those who took it apart hauled it up to Rollag and put it back together and working again:)...

Back