Steam Up 2022

Jerry Christiansen

Mega Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Hi everyone,

Steam Up 2022 is scheduled for April 9.
Is anyone other than me planning to be there?

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

Yup! Are we doing breakfast? I was going to suggest Deaner's, in West Fargo. It's in the Westgo building, formerly TNT. Had lunch there, a few weeks back. I thought it was good.

I wonder if Ray W can find it without GPS.

Hi everyone interested in breakfast,

Deaner's is out, they open too late. Mom's Kitchen is out, they closed.

Here are some options.
The Fryn' Pan, 310 Main Ave, Fargo and Denny's, corner of 45th St and 13th Ave S, Fargo are both open 24 hours a day.
Perkins, 1220 36th St S, Fargo (corner of I-29 and 13th Ave S) opens at 6am.

Which one looks best?

I vote for the Fryn' Pan.

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

Hi everyone interested in breakfast,

Deaner's is out, they open too late. Mom's Kitchen is out, they closed.

Here are some options.
The Fryn' Pan, 310 Main Ave, Fargo and Denny's, corner of 45th St and 13th Ave S, Fargo are both open 24 hours a day.
Perkins, 1220 36th St S, Fargo (corner of I-29 and 13th Ave S) opens at 6am.

Which one looks best?

I vote for the Fryn' Pan.

Later,
Jerry Christiansen
Fryin Pan works for me.

Hi Ironjunkie,

Looks like we won't need a very big table, it will only be the two of us. What time are you planning to get there?

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

Hi everyone,

I made a trip to the Hill today. I needed to retrieve something from the Pabst Building. I wasn't sure how deep the snow would be so I brought my shovel with me.

1648948504141.jpeg
I may not have needed the shovel, but it made the job easier. I drove in the East Gate, then up Main Street and I turned in just south of the Viluame Building. I left on the same route. I am not sure how it would have worked to drive past the Ortner up to Parade Route.

1648948606204.jpeg
I was able to back the trailer up to the door and used the winch to pull the Prony Brake on the trailer.

1648948650453.jpeg

As I was leaving the grounds, I stopped and took the picture above.
On the way home I went through Hawley and had dinner with a couple Board Members.

1648948689631.jpeg

Right now the Brake is parked in our driveway. I have a few things to check out, but we are mostly ready to go.

So far 1930 Ford, Ironjunkie and I have said we will be at Steam Up next Saturday. Anyone else?

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

I plan to set up my sound system late Friday afternoon to use for the MSEA meeting (as I've done in the past).
Then, attending the steam up the next day.
As I'm a night owl... I'll be skipping on joining you guys for breakfast. Ha!

You know I'm normally subdued, quiet, and without opinion. However, in this case I'll choose to speak out. I'm all in for breakfast, but I'm not sure the Fry'n Pan is open in Fargo. We tried to contact them and no result. How about a change in venue to Dennys on 45th st and 13th ave south in Fargo? I know they're open and quite honestly, it's one of only two restaurants in Fargo/West Fargo that will still let me in!! 0600 is still the approved time.

Back