Steam School weekend

cjmlarson

Mega Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
If anyone is looking to get some volunteer hrs in, we will be sawing on Friday and Saturday of Steam School weekend. We could use some help on both days. Let me know if you can help or have any questions. Thanks.

I'll be there all day Saturday for sure.(as long as Jane says its ok) Do you have any time frame you will be running the mill?

We are planning to run from 8:30 to 4:00 as long as all goes as planned. This would be both Friday and Saturday. So showing up at 8:00 AM would be great and we can get every one in their correct spots.
We will be stopping for lunch at noon. With the new addition (lean- to) rain or shine everyone should be out of the weather!!!!!:bannana:. Looking forward to see some new helpers .

Thanks Crystal, the help would be greatly appreciated.

This is a way to get your volunteer hours in. Who ever shows up, remember a pair of gloves.

Sawing went well this past weekend. We were a little short on help but the help that showed up worked their butts off and we got 3700 board feet sawed. We cut 1x6s and 2x6s. Edins 28 and Doc Knuts 20 on Friday ran the mill, and Edins 28 and Dillons 16 Advance were on the mill on Saturday.IMG_20160617_102501768_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160618_092051320_HDR.jpg
This log turner is the best!!

IMG_20160618_092155700_HDR.jpg IMG_20160618_092236577_HDR.jpg
This log produced 3 boards per pass. That makes it fun for me but not for the lumber stackers. Especially when it is hot and humid.

A big thank you to Brian, Tim, Josh, Mark, SD Jon, Craig, Clara and Jennifer.
And the operators of the engines.

Great pictures Clayton and Jane! You guys never do anything half way! Exhibit is really growing!

Back