1. We think we have tackled most of the issues that were causing problems with some area's of the Community Forum. Email should be working again so you should get notifications of subscribed threads, etc. We are working on getting an SSL certificate so the "Website Not Secure" message goes away. Please let us know of any other issues you notice so we can address them.
    Dismiss Notice

Spell checker

Discussion in 'Site Questions' started by M Kerkvliet, Apr 4, 2007.

1. M Kerkvliet

M Kerkvliet WMSTR Past President Administrator WMSTR Lifetime Member

I have had a few requests for a spell checker on this forum. I have been working on it, but it is being elusive. There was a good spell checker for vBulletin, but it does not work well in about 50% of the applications when installed on the newer versions of the software. The spell checker is a modification, made by third party users and it is not supported by the manufacturers of vBulletin.

We have the newest version, and support for the spell checker is spotty at best. I am looking for other options.

In the mean time, I would suggest you install a spell checker on your own machines. Do a search for spell checkers for whatever browser you use. I use Firefox, and there is a very good one available for Firefox. I am not familiar with IE any more... I have not used it for a few years, but look around and you will find something.

As soon as they get the bugs worked out of vBspell, I will get it up and running.

Thanks for your patience!