Soap enthusiasts unite!

slarson

Junior Poster
:soapbox:
Questions or comments from the show on soap making? We now have our very own spot!
:thewave::thewave:

Thanks Rick and Mark.

Very popular exhibit on Main Street, and something we all use (or should use) at least once a day (soap)!

I saw you had a lot of soap there pre-show. How much do you make before the show so that you have enough for the show? Any idea on how much soap you sell during the show?

I wish I would have gotten over there for some pictures during the show, but time did not allow! Anyone else have any pictures of Sarah's exhibit?

We made somewhere between 1100 and 1200 bars this year's show. That lasted until Monday afternoon when we sold out. Not sure how many batches that was, but we have 26 batches curing for next year's show. That's a good start.

I know that Jean and Harold took some pictures,and so did lots of our guests.

Wow Sarah that's awesome! What a lot of soap!

I haven't had much of a chance to get over there during showtime either. Here's a random question...do you make different types or scents?

It's amazing what can be accomplished with lots of hands helping. A big thanks to everyone who rendered fat, made soap, wrapped soap and sold soap. Remember, "The dirt is free at Rollag, but the soap costs $1!" Go Cody!

The only variation we have on soap is minor fluctuation in the lard, tallow turkey grease ratio. We don't normally scent any of the soap; our grandmothers didn't either. This year we did scent one batch with orange, so we'll see if there is any smell left by next year's show.

Jane took some of the soap scraps last year to make French milled soap. That was sold in the boutique with all kinds of lovely scents. :thumb:

It would be really great if you can do a thread here with pictures that details the soap making process. It is something that I have wondered about.

Rick

If Jean can get you some of the pictures she took, you could post them and let folks know what they are looking at!

soap pictures

After Sept is over and the pictures are fixed, I'll have some time to work on this.

Back