Silent Movie Theater

reelroller

Junior Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
The Super Simplex projection heads I have were first introduced in 1928-1950 when production began to run down.
I also have the old rectifiers for the arc lamphouses. I would like to put them on display someday on the show grounds
projector 004.jpg

M Kerkvliet

WMSTR Past President
Administrator
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Amazing how technology has improved over those days. I spent many hours at drive in's when I was in high school. It would be cool find one and go see something there someday. Of course, now that we are all spoiled the sound would have to come through the stereo somehow so that we could have good sound. If it is too hot that night, everyones car would be running for the A/C!

Mike Bennett

Intermediate Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Mark,

It would be a long drive for you, but there is a drive in located in Long Prarie, MN. There are some old-school speakers in the first couple rows yet, otherwise they broadcast on FM. Limited camping available also.

Mike

JLWithers

Junior Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Is that place still open? I remember going there 20 years ago with a girl I was dating at the time. Seems I don't recall ever looking in it's direction the few times I've been by it since.

Mike Bennett

Intermediate Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Is that place still open? I remember going there 20 years ago with a girl I was dating at the time. Seems I don't recall ever looking in it's direction the few times I've been by it since.
Yes sir, it is. $6 for an adult to see two movies, and concessions are pretty reasonable too. Hard part is, first movie doesn't start until around 9:30 or so...

M Kerkvliet

WMSTR Past President
Administrator
WMSTR Lifetime Member
This place looks cool... I don't want to advertise for them, but they have an awesome website that is not very hard to find if you :computer: for "Drive in movie theater Long Prairie, MN"