Sawing 2021

cjmlarson

Mega Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
We will be sawing on June 19 helping the B and R with the large amount of product that is needed to get done. If you are able to help out that Saturday give me a call, 218-790-4399. Need lots of help, haven't sawed for two years either and not sure who will be available.:Shrugs:

Hi Clayton,

Which engines do you have lined up for sawing at the TnT Mill?
Do you have any idea which engines will be running at the BR Mill?

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

@cjmlarson I would like to help a little. Some of my time may be committed to the style show, but I would enjoy getting some sawmill time in and should be out for most of the weekend.

Clayton,

The plan at this point was to have the Port in business for checklist items, but if need prevails perhaps that plan could be adjusted. 'Twould be a pity to run the mill on a gas(p!) tractor ;)

Want to thank the Edin's for providing the power for sawing during steam school. Thanks to all that showed up that Saturday to carry, stack, and edge the lumber. You know who you are and again a big thank you. :thumb:

Ran the engines most of the day and then unbelted them, then hook the drive shaft up and ran the 398 V12 for an hour or so. You can here the ignition cackle and lose only about three RPMs.

When we are using the steam engines, We could estimate that at the peak pull possibly about 300 HP intermittently
Again this is only estimate.
So it would be no more with the v12.:scratching:
Hope that answers your' question with very little mud.

HI Clayton,

Sure does answer the question. Even if the V12 could produce 900 Hp, if the load only requires 300 Hp, that is all that will be transmitted.

I saw the Cat by the sawmill during the show but didn't get a chance to watch and hear it cut wood. I am looking forward to seeing it in action next year.

Later,
Jerry

Back