Safe water level Demo,cutaway demo,teeter toter

1930Ford

classicfarmer
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Located on the west side of Lake Gunderson directly east of the Main spectator gate:Newly painted cutaway portable boiler with Live speaker,handouts of ALL elevations and grades at Rollag,10 foot X40 foot teeter to demonstrate water level when climbing or descending hills. Operated all 4 show days,steam school /kids day;nursing home and seniors days ,any time by request.Operators are encouraged to practice here in a safe environment.(Dillon girls are Masters) Contact Arlen Kalvik,Bob J.(1930ford).

Bob,

This display was a great addition to the show. The painters (Klaviks, I think) did an excellent job! I heard several guest comment on how well the person at the exhibit explained boiler operation and how their understanding of boiler operations improved.

Hats off to a group that did an excellent job!

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

I agree with Jerry, Bob. The entire display is a great addition. Great place for it too! Lots of people go by there!

Is it possible to get a copy of the elevations at Rollog , we have had several discussions on this subject over the campfire and this would end some of the arguments

Is it possible to get a copy of the elevations at Rollog , we have had several discussions on this subject over the campfire and this would end some of the arguments

There is likely to be some drainage work done by Kyle W this next season. I think he has access to all of that kind of information through his business for all over Clay county. Perhaps if he sees this thread, or someone points him to it, he could post a map.

Back