Rollagology

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Sid Fossan, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Sid Fossan

Sid Fossan WMSTR Lifetime Members WMSTR Lifetime Member

Loved it, Loved it, Loved it. A very diverse group. Well attended and educational. Blacksmithing seemed to be the favorite with the people I poled. For me it was the separator information. Another member of our group it was the Gas Engine information. There was something for everyone who attended. Sign me up for another Rollagology for next year. Sid Fossan

2. Ray Wangler

Ray Wangler Intermediate Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

thanks for the kind words Sid, I know the instructors of the courses appreciate it. They put a ton of work into it and did the best they could to make it good. I had a great time, met some really nice people, learned something, and have some ideas already for next year!

3. David Schoff

David Schoff Junior Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

I agree with Sid ! Excellent job by all instructors. Sign me up for the 2020 classes ! !

4. Ray Wangler

blacksmith class 1.JPG Trying a picture here. This is one of the class sections that attended the blacksmithing. when I get the picture thing down, I'll post names and more pictures.

5. Ray Wangler

blacksmith class 2.JPG blacksmith class 3.JPG More pictures from blacksmithing. More to come!

6. Sid Fossan

Great Job Ray.

It was a wonderful experience. I think everyone who attended wished it was an all day class. I know I do. I would sign up for an all day coarse if it were offered. Maybe pole the attendees of our 1st Annual Rollagology and see if they agree. Just a thought.

Well done again to all the instructors and to all who were involved with the planning and execution. Sid

Christopher Boles likes this.
  7. Jerry Christiansen

Jerry Christiansen Mega Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

Hi Ray and everyone else,

I agree with the comments shared, Rollagology was a success. I wandered around a bit and checked in on some of the classes and took a couple pictures.

The threshing class getting organized and ready to go Saturday morning.

P_20190713_084924.jpg
    Some of the students.

P_20190713_090036.jpg

A little different angle showing the instructors.
    I didn't get any pictures when they went on the field trip to the threshing machines.

Over at the blacksmith shop.

P_20190713_093955.jpg

P_20190713_094024.jpg

P_20190713_094206.jpg

As you can see, all shapes and sizes of people were working and learning.

The gas engine area was in session.

P_20190713_132012.jpg
    I didn't stay for the entire classroom part. Hopefully someone else will tell us what all was covered.

Then the class went over to the Otto building.

P_20190713_095255.jpg

It was hard to get a good picture of everyone in here. There are a lot of pipes and things in the way.

Later,
    Jerry Christianen

8. M Kerkvliet

M Kerkvliet WMSTR Past President Administrator WMSTR Lifetime Member

I have been hearing a lot of positive things about the first annual event. I can see this turning into a big deal when word gets out! Congratulations to all involved!

9. Christopher Boles

Christopher Boles New Member

Thank you for posting the pictures. I hope there are more. I know Sid took a bunch. Due to his age, maybe he forgot.

10. Christopher Boles

Christopher Boles New Member

I would like to see more full day classes or even weekend classes focusing on a single subject.

11. Sid Fossan

Chris, Chris, Chris. My age has nothing to do with it, It's that I am sooooooooooooooooo busy:cool:.
    No, seriously I have been. At least I have the photos from my camera into the computer. The first step, right?

I also would like to have full day classes, and more into the intermediate level. The beginning classes were perfect to wet ones whistle, but now we are seeking more. I guess just like the youngsters, more, more, more.

I thing Ray and many others see the value and are working hard in the background to fill our needs and wants.

Hey, stay in touch. Only 3 weeks to the show. Where has the time gone.

Later, Sid

12. Jerry Christiansen

Jerry Christiansen Mega Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

Sid,

How is life under the bus?

Later,
    Jerry Christiansen

Seth Hanson likes this.