Projects on the Grounds before Showtime

Jerry Christiansen

Mega Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Hi all,

I know we have many projects to work on. I know that I don't know all of them or when they will happen. I hope that other people will add to this list and update as the rest of the summer passes.

Tree clean up - on the weekend of 9 July a few trees were blown down and/or damaged.One tree is on the pond side of the Log Cabin Museum. These projects will require chain saws and equipment to haul the wood away

Split rail fence along Expo Hill - the materials were donated last year. See me about where they are stored. This project will require using a post hole digger, prefferably the Bobcat with an auger.

Improving bathroom accessibility - change stalls in select bathrooms to allow wheelchair access

Bathroom updates - change out sinks to make cleaning easier, replace faucets, install shut off vllves on all sinks and stools

Finsh siding the storage building storage building - small building north of the main street trolley shed. These materials are not on the grounds yet.

Cut, split and stack firewood in the steam engine area near the Assumption Food Stand

Weather permitting I am hoping to work on the split rail fence 16 July. Weather not permittiing I plan to work on bathroom projects on 16 July. .I can use some help on either project.

If you are interested in any of these projects and have questions, please ask. If you know of other projects, please post them.

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

Another project is the Assumpton Eat Shack south end. We will be removing the walk in cooler and freezer in the next week or two, then starting to frame walls and ceiling, cut in a new door to the west (steam engine area), install electrical for additonal lighting and outlets and then glassboard on the walls and ceilings. I have a few people that have expressed an interest in helping. You do not need to be a carpenter to help. There is always cleaning, moving and gopher work needed. Just post here if you are interested in helping. Also if there is a cement pour weekend planned we need an eight by 20 slab for the semis to back up to and allow food to be brought into the building.

For the less manual labor types, I will be up this weekend (July 23rd) to laminate large signs for the Minneapolis Expo exhibitors. I will be in the admin building and could use some help laminating & trimming the signs.

If we have a member that does stump grinding, there are 4 or 5 behind the museum and one by the storage shed behind admin that need grinding. They are a real trip hazard.

If we have a member that does stump grinding, there are 4 or 5 behind the museum and one by the storage shed behind admin that need grinding. They are a real trip hazard.
David there's a board meeting this Friday if you could grab one of the directors and show us where these stumps are we can see about getting the grinder there to remove them.

Thanks
Erik "ned" Mars

:help2: There is a tree on the south side of my camper in OK Corral that needs some serious trimming. I don't believe the tree is dead but there are a lot of dead limbs that should be trimmed off. Most are higher than can be comfortably reached from the ground. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have difficulty doing this kind of stuff these days.:(... I think my son Jeremy knows which tree I'm talking about if I'm not around. Thanks in advance. Jeff :)...

:help2: There is a tree on the south side of my camper in OK Corral that needs some serious trimming. I don't believe the tree is dead but there are a lot of dead limbs that should be trimmed off. Most are higher than can be comfortably reached from the ground. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have difficulty doing this kind of stuff these days.:(... I think my son Jeremy knows which tree I'm talking about if I'm not around. Thanks in advance. Jeff :)...

If Jeremy is there next weekend, have him find me and I'll help him get it taken care of.

I should be around some on Saturday. Will see what happens though, starting to have some problems with the transmission in my suburban

Hi all,

I am looking for someone to operate a Bobcat with the post hole auger. The split rail fence on the terraces needs to be replaced. The materials are on the grounds. We may be able to get some of the FFA folks from Hawley to help with this, other wise we will also be looking for post setters and tampers. Liz posted this on Facebook as well. Give me a call or send a PM if you could help with this.

Thanks,
Jerry Christiansen

Couple more things to add to the list.
There is always painting that needs getting done the school house is getting a new coat of paint and help is needed there.

Also mark your calendars for the weekend before the show 27-28 for wood cutting there will be a lot of Minneapolis steamers coming in addition to what's already at the show. If you have a longer bar chainsaw please bring it.

The Otto building needs to be pressure washed and stained. We've had the stain for a couple years now. Just been too busy with other projects.

Couple more things to add to the list.
There is always painting that needs getting done the school house is getting a new coat of paint and help is needed there.

Also mark your calendars for the weekend before the show 27-28 for wood cutting there will be a lot of Minneapolis steamers coming in addition to what's already at the show. If you have a longer bar chainsaw please bring it.

Yes, we need help with the painting of the schoolhouse. We only plan to complete the front this year. The tower is done and the entry front has been primed. If someone would volunteer to put the second coat on the entry front this weekend, it would be greatly appreciated. See me, I have the paint and brushes.
Merlyn Meyer

Need a trench dug BY HAND ONLY... 2' deep and about 40' long. See Tom Hall for instructions. If a couple of people would switch off, or 4 people with 2 tiling spades, it could probably be done in a couple of hours!

Just bumping this. And sending out a reminder there is still lots to do before the show.
Wood cutting is planned for Saturday starting around 8am even if you don't have a saw or log spllitter any help is appreciated!!!

How much wood cutting remains to be done? my new 36" bar should be arriving tomorrow...

Am planning to bring power washer/steamer and airless paint sprayer. Hoping to arrive 8/26 late, though quite likely Sat AM...

Back