PRESHOW Woodcutting and clean up day

Discussion in 'WMSTR PROJECTS' started by jojo, May 28, 2019.

1. jojo

jojo Junior Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

***CALLING ALL WORKERS ***

On Saturday - June 22nd, 2019 @ 8:00 am there will be a woodcutting & splitting day for the upcoming expo.

If you can donate some time to helping that day, the Case Expo committee would appreciate ALL the help they can get. With the amount of wood that will be consumed during the show by not only steam engines but also campfires, we need to cut and split all we can BEFORE the show so that during the show it is not as dire as it was in past record breaking years.

The committee asks that anyone that can bring chainsaws,wood splitters' and trailers and/or skid steers to haul/load wood from the newly cut down trees on Nelson land (for use of the show attendees and members during the show and future growth of the show) to please bring them.

Work day will start at 8 am and go ALL day or until the work is done.... ( and that IS possible if we have ample help). For all members working - a light meal at noon will be provided for a free will donation - all funds going to the SOS ( save our steamers ) fund. If you would like to bring a dish to add to the meal - you sure can!

I will gladly try and answer any questions you may have or can direct to you someone who can answer them. Feel free to reach out on here OR thru PM .....or to any other Case Expo committee member.

We appreciate ALL of you and look forward to working together with you on the 22nd of June!

crystalaakre likes this.
  2. jojo

****ATTENTION****

There will also be a Case Expo meeting immediately following wood cutting. Time is an estimate but hope to be done by 2:00 pm so people have the remaining part pf the day free.

Mercantile Building - 1:00 pm

Immediately following - woodcutting/work day there will be a brief meeting at the Mercantile at 1:00 pm to update on Expo progress.

3. jojo

Saturday’s woodcutting and grounds cleanup was CANCELLED DUE TO WETNESS per Paul & Eric Nelson.... and RESCHEDULED TENATIVELY FOR SUNDAY- June 23rd ... WILL POST at 5 pm Saturday another update- this will apply to Case Expo meeting also!

4. jojo

Sunday work day Cancelled... Expo meeting moved to Tuesday June 25th @ 7 pm in Mercantile

5. craig mattson

craig mattson Mega Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

With my brothers wedding this past weekend i would have been unable to make it to wood cutting. Hopefully be able to help out now. I see some did get cut over steamschool weekend but there's always more!