Prairierose 2010

quiltnweave

Intermediate Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Hi Ladies and Gentlemen, February rolls around and I know we are all looking forward to spring and time on the hill. If you will recall, the Prairierose Boutique's cupboards were bare when we closed up shop after Labor Day Weekend. We will need everything from jellies to quilts/comforters and afghans! We had a record breaking year, and each year we try to better than the year before. We can only do this with your donations of hand-crafted, hand-made items. Hope you all can help us break our record.

Spring has Sprung

80 degrees here in Iowa today! That means a trip north is just around the corner! It was a very LONG winter - hope everyone had a good one and made lots of crafts for the Boutique

It was 72 degrees here in MN today. I always think of Rollag when the weather warms up.

I know I am going to miss seeing Lori working in the Christmas area at the Boutique.

Just Do IT!

Ya know, I was thinking about Lori all day yesterday when I had to drive a distance to do a presentation. She and I had talked about baskets. She wanted to learn how to weave, here the lady who knew how to do and would tackle anything didn't know how to weave a basket. So I told her I wanted to learn how to do bobbin lace. Well, you know how it is a Rollag, never enough time to do anything. I truly regret now making time and vowed no more. If you want to do something or learn something JUST DO IT! Lori is up in Heaven making bobbin lace for angels' gowns, see ya when I get there and I'll bring my basket supplies.

just do it

You have a good point Sandy. Maybe we could find time to learn new things at a craft day in the summer, or take time the week before the Show to meet for an evening.

Craft Day

That would be nice. We just really need to take the time to learn, teach, and talk with others.

Ladies Boutique

I was wondering if anyone at the boutique would be interested in an old baby buggy, it is in good shape and could be used to display blankets, dolls, etc. If so let let meknow and reply to this link I would be glad to donate it to the boutique.:dancingparty:
thanks Kim

Doll Buggy

Hi Kim, absolutely we can use it for display and would thrilled to have it in the boutique. We will be on the grounds off and on all summer, will be there Father's Day weekend if you want to drop it off.

Thanks!

Help Wanted

Hi everyone, we are looking for help in the Prairierose Boutique this year. We will need someone to help in the "Christmas" area during pre-show set up, and we will need lots of help during the show. We work 2-4 hour shifts inside (which is nice if it should rain). Please sign up in the Adm. Bldg. and if the list is full, come in anyhow - it will give Roxane and I some much needed relief.

We also need to have the building washed on the outside, windows washed, lawn mowed and weeds pulled out from the wooden walkway. That can be done anytime before the show.

Thank you for your past help and for helping to make the Prairierose Boutique a very successful part of the show!

Hi all!
I am so looking forward to going to Rollag! I am busy with the County Fair this next week and then after that only two weeks until Rollag!
Every day when I go to work, I drive by several already harvested wheat fields and I think "Rollag time!".

Anyway, I look forward to seeing you all and all of your wonderful creations!

Just one reminder here: remember when making jams and jellies for the show that all must be sealed and have rings on them.

See you all in a few weeks!

P.S. Jean and Sandy and whoever: I would love to do a craft night the week before the show! Sounds fun!! Sandy and I had a craft session during Steam School weekend - she taught me how to knit! I have been busy knitting dishcloths for the show. :thumb:

If this 'craft session' happens the week before the show, track me down and I'll bring a camera and get some footage for the DVD!

- I'm not too hard to find.

We were at Rollag this afternoon - I put up a couple of help wanted signs We need the building and windows washed, weeds pulled, grass cut, and the screen door replaced before the show. All help is much appreciated! We will also need LOTS of help during the show. So, if there are ladies/gentlemen out there looking for a great job, look me up in the Boutique the week before the show.

Hello all!

I just got the August newsletter via email and my contact info is wrong. I moved last Fall. If you need to contact me for any reason, such as not being able to come to the show and need to send items for the Boutique, please send it to this address. Sandy has been up at Rollag all summer, so if you send it to her Iowa address, we won't get it.
See you all in a couple of weeks! :thumb:

Roxane Malland
40488 180th St.
Cyrus, MN 56323

320-795-2768 Home
320-247-2956 Cell
[email protected]

Newsletter

Hi Rox! I totally forgot to send in the article for August, so they must have pulled an old one, which I'm so glad they did! Thanks for posting the information here!

Prairierose Picnic

To all who work in the Prairierose Boutique, we will be having our picnic this year on Thursday evening at 6PM - BYOB and a dish to pass! Lower Lutefisk at the Carstensen trailer.

Workdays at the Prairierose Boutique

Hi everyone - The Prairierose Boutique will be open starting Monday, August 23 from 9AM to 4PM to start cleaning and setting up. If you still need your hours, and even if you don't, please come help us get ready for a spectacular show!

See you on the 23rd!

Baby Buggy

I did drop off the baby buggy on Fathers day but not sure where you are located so I dropped it at the general store. Did it get passed to you? I hope to be upm there on Sunday to help out. Thanks for all you do.:thumb:

Baby buggy

Kim Schenck;8182 said:
I did drop off the baby buggy on Fathers day but not sure where you are located so I dropped it at the general store. Did it get passed to you? I hope to be upm there on Sunday to help out. Thanks for all you do.:thumb:

Hi! Darn, wish I would have met you - we were in the boutique both days, we are the yellow building a couple of buildings down from the general store. I didn't get the buggy - but will be going to Rollag on Monday and I'll check to see if it is in the General Store. Thank you for donating it! We'll use it to display dolls and/or doll clothes. Hope to see you soon!

Jams & Jellies

I have 20+ assorted jams and spreads I made to bring - spiced peach spread, raspberry-peach jam, and strawberry jam.

Jams/Jellies

Wow, that is fantastic. Jams and Jellies always sell out at the Boutique!
See you soon!

Back