Prairie Rose Boutique

M Kerkvliet;2250 said:
You ladies are having fun here, and thats what were looking for. You have a very active forum! Thanks for participating, and don't be afraid to ask for help!

Am experimenting with what you told me to see how it works. I tried most of the things you said and then deleted them. Thanks for the computer lesson, Mark! It was very helpful!
Roxane

Mallands;2253 said:

Am experimenting with what you told me to see how it works. I tried most of the things you said and then deleted them. Thanks for the computer lesson, Mark! It was very helpful!
Roxane

Your getting it Roxane! I fixed your above post for you... the reason it looked funny is because you had one extra [ quote ] in there. Keep working at it, you'll soon be an expert!

To sum it up... anything between the HTML tags "quote" will be highlighted in the post... like the words "Keep on truckin" in the below example...

[ quote ] Keep on truckin [ /quote ]

Note, the /quote means it is the end of the quote. If I didn't have the extra spaces in there, it would look like this...

Keep on truckin

I fixed your above post for you... the reason it looked funny is because you had one extra [ quote ] in there. Keep working at it, you'll soon be an expert!

I realized I messed that one up but Darrell wanted to me to go somewhere with him and I didn't get time to try to fix it. We will see how this one comes out!

I still didn't get your name in there, Mark. Will have to work on that! Got to get off this computer and get something done before I go to work!

Sandi and Roxanne, Okay, so I am really trying to figure this thing out. But I figure if you can read this, then at least I am getting part of it.
Well, we had planned on coming up this weekend but now it is all in the air. Mr. might end up working all week and we might end up missing the show. So needless to say I am really upset :( about the whole thing but there is not much I can do about it. If we don't make it, it will make the 4 show I have ever missed since, I was born. So right now, I have all my stuff ready to go and I have "almost" everything that I have been working on done. My sister might:confused: be going up and if she does, I will try and send some of things with her. She has very limited space in her vehicle so, it will have to be the small stuff. Just thought I would give you and update. Hopefully I will be seeing you soon. Lori

Hope you will be able to make it to the show. It would be a shame for anyone to miss Rollag! I talked to a guy today that lives in Brainerd. He had heard of the town of Rollag but had never heard of the threshing show! Hard to believe, isn't it?
Well, hope your plans change and you can make it to the show!

Holy Buckets! What Fun We Had

:) Yup! We sure did have fun this year in the boutique. Ladies, I will be sending out a letter in the next week or so, but I really wanted to pop in here and tell you how much you are appreciated. Each and every one of you were fantastic, and we could not do what we do in the boutique without you. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for all your hard work and dedication. We had a fantastic year, even without the raffle. And next year will be even better;) Now I better get off here and get to doing MOUNDS of laundry.

Hey... You're home already! Hope your feeling better. What did the doc say?

Anyway, great to see you and Dennis again, Sandi... Glad you had a good show in the Boutique. I stopped in there for a visit and talked to you and Pat. Wish I could have met more of your crew.

BTW... Katy went back to work, and I did the mounds of laundry!!! :bannana:

We got home last night about 8PM - made it to within 5 miles from home before it started to downpour - didn't unpack until this morning. I go to the doc at 3:30PM - hoping it is just an infection in the eye and nothing more! Den thinks maybe I got a piece of soot in it, but it doesn't feel like anything is in it. We'll see. Anyhow, when you finish with your laundry, I have a basement full!

Possible raffle item

Hi Sandi and Roxanne,

At a knitting retreat I learned a technique called "Viking knitting" which isn't really knitting. It's weaving sterling silver wire to form a bracelet. I've enjoyed doing it. The resulting bracelet is quite striking. It almost sparkles. This would be too expensive to sell in the boutique, but I'm wondering if it's something you would like to add to the raffle. Although the picture doesn't do it justice, you can see what it looks like by going to:

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,,DIY_14141_4177158,00.html

Let me know if you would like to add this bracelet to the raffle, and I will make one.

With the weather turning colder, I'm feeling like staying inside and knitting!

Desyl

Hi Desyl!

Nice to hear from you! Miss all you guys! I enjoyed our fireside visits! Back in late September, Ashley said she missed Rollag and that it was her "happy place". I said that I agreed!

That necklace is fantastic! It must have involved a lot of work! Sandi did have somethings picked out for the raffle that were in case during the show, but don't remember what it all was. We'll wait and see what she says. That bracelet would certainly qualify!!

Darrell, my brother Rance, and I went to the Fall meeting. We had never been to one before. It was very interesting. Glad we went!

Anxiously Waiting

Hi everyone - haven't been here in a while - I've been up to my eyebrows since January when I was appointed National Coordinator for Home of the Brave Quilt Project - check out the website http://www.homeofthebravequilts.com

I did manage to get a couple of things made for the Boutique, but have many more plans than I probably have time!

We will be up Father's Day Weekend and I can't wait - sure hope the snow is melted by then. What a Winter!!!

Hugs, Sandi

Hi Sandi,

I have two garbage bags full of stuffed animals to bring to the boutique. I think you said that we would sell those even though they aren't handmade. Is that correct?

I'll also bring along for Father's Day weekend the sterling silver bracelet that I'm making and you can decide if you want it in the raffle.

Desyl

Boutique

Hi Desyl, yes we can sell the stuffed animals - funny you posted that, I have two bags this year to bring too! My 24 year old granddaughter gave me all of hers to bring north.

I can't wait to see your bracelet, I'll bet it is BEAUTIFUL!

Father's Day Weekend

Hi everyone - Hope your winter went well, all I can say, I'm sure glad to see some "green"! Wow, the rabbits and squirrels were so hard up for food, they ate all my plants, and nearly all of my hens & chicks. I was not very happy that's for sure. But, winter is past and it is time to think forward to WMSTR. Hope you all have been busy creating crafts and home-made products to sell in the boutique this year. Remember, if you make any canned items we need to have the rings left in tact. Many people from all over the world purchase these items, and with the rings removed they don't travel well. If you don't can and have some rings you can bring, just drop them off and we will use them on jars to come in without them.

See you all soon,
Sandi

Help

We are missing parts of our newsletter and when I try to log on to the Rollag site, it requires a password - of which I forgot! Is there anyway for me to find out what the password is? Mark if you are monitoring this, could you e-mail me with the information I need? Thanks, Sandi

Are you ready!

Hi everyone, hope you all are ready for Rollag, I know I AM!!! We haven't received a newsletter for quite some time; there is supposed to be some important news about registration and worker's eat shack. We will be up a week early this year YAHOO! It has been a very long time since we were able to come up early and stay late and I'm going to enjoy every single minute of it. Kitten, if you are on - we are going to drive over to Perham one day - this invite is for anyone who wants to go - of course they have a quilt shop or I wouldn't be going:)

See you in a few weeks:bannana:

Hi all!
Well it is August 1 today. Less than a month from now the show starts! I suppose you are all busy little beavers getting things ready for the Boutique. August is a real busy month for me. Beside getting crafts ready for the show, I am on the Stevens County Fair board. The Fair is in one week. It gets hectic for me, but is a lot of fun! Plus, I take a week of vacation for the Fair and for WMSTR!
See you all at showtime!:dancingparty:
Roxane

Just wondering what everyone has been making for the Boutique. I know Desyl was working on some John Deere beaded bookmarks during Steam School weekend. I am working on crocheting dishcloths and embroidering dishtowels.
Roxane

I'm planning on making John Deere wreaths and possibly John Deere picture frames.
Amanda

Back