Prairie Rose Boutique

quiltnweave

Intermediate Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Hi all, here I am again! Hope you are all working on craft, cooking items for the boutique. Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year. I'm hoping to retire 07/01, or thereabouts and it can't come too soon!
Hugs, Sandi

quiltnweave;84 said:
Hi all, here I am again! Hope you are all working on craft, cooking items for the boutique. Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year. I'm hoping to retire 07/01, or thereabouts and it can't come too soon!
Hugs, Sandi
I'm on several forums, this is new and different and will take me a bit to figure out:>)

Welcome Sandi! Glad to see you made it here from the other site! Did you guys get much snow out of that last storm system?

Oh yes, we had/have ice. I've worked nearly non-stop since Saturday afternoon on my job as my boss chose Friday to have rotator cuff surgery and left me hangin! We still have one shelter open. It was/is a mess!

Hello Sandi

Hope to see some of your projects, posted as pictures, so all can see your talents! I am really amazed at some of the projects you've done. Maybe you will find a youngster who wants to try weaving with you. What a way to continue your talent into the future. I have quite a bit of denim saved up and someday I hope to learn how to make it into a quilt. Take care and see you soon!

I am looking forward to the GREAT outdoors at Rollag!!!

Quilts and other projects

Oh Katy, I'd love to teach you how to make a quilt with your denim. I have plastic tubs full of it and hope to make some quilts out of it when I retire. I'm so busy doing quilts for Home of the Brave, I don't have time to make quilts for me:mad: I looks like I won't be up again this year for Steam School. My boss is retiring and will be in Arizona lining up their new home. Den is really mad, but there isn't anything I can do about it, unless of course I retire before him:) Now there's a thought!
Hugs, Sandi

Hi guys,
How's it going? It has been metling here the last couple of days and so Spring must be around the corner! When it gets nice out we start thinking of Rollag. I thought I had confirmed my email for this site but Mark emailed me and said it had not been confirmed. He fixed it from his end. Thanks Mark!
We are real excited in Hancock right now. The girls basketball team is going to state! ;) We are Section 5A. It's been 10 years since any team has gone to state here. It starts next Wednesday and I hope to be able to go that day.
Have a nice weekend!
Roxane

It's melting here also. FANTASTIC! I am soooo looking forward to the 68 to 72 degree temps. That is a perfect day with a little blue sky and sunshine! Only thing that makes it better is being at Rollag. I am really glad we have such a great place to go to, even though we end up putting in some of our time working out there, we still enjoy going there! I think working out there makes the relaxing more enjoyable. When I was a little girl my family would go to my Grandparents farm every weekend, during the summer we would sometimes stay to help them on the farm. It was a lot of hard work, but the memories are the best!!! I guess, maybe Rollag helps me feel a little closer to some of my memories:)

Weather and basketball

Roxane, that is fantastic! Does your daughter play? I miss all the sports I used to go to with my kids, now grandkids live too far away. I do try to get to Kansas to watch Zac play, but didn't make it for basketball this year - baseball is next for him and I know I'll be down this summer. The weather here is warming up, not quick enough for me though! I'm really tired of the cold - I'm leaving on Friday for more snow though, going to Colorado to visit youngest son and family in the mountains. While it is beautiful, I really want to take off my winter coat:>)

I love going to Rollag, I love being outside, seeing old friends and making new ones. Of course, we work hard, but play hard too:) Hugs, Sandi

Ashley doesn't play basketball, but she is in Pep Band. The kids really dress up for these games with school colors and it is fun to see their zany outfits.

I started going to Rollag when I was about 4. Mom said we went about every other year back then. When I started dating Darrell I took him there and he instantly fell in love with the place. Darrell said that since 1978 we have only missed 2 shows; once we went to the State Fair and the 2nd time we missed I was 9 months pregnant with Ashley. We started camping there in 1995 because it just got too much to see in one day. We became members in 1999 because I thought it would be so much fun to work there and I was right!

I have memories of tractors pulling cars out of the mud when the parking lot used to be where Expo Hill is now. :p

Nice Weather!

Wonderful weather today really wants to give me the urge to go to Rollag! What kind of current projects are you working on for the Boutique? Try to post a picture or two so others will know what you are up to. I am not mentioning names, because I would like this to cover all of the members with craft ability. I am looking forward to your posts and pictures!:)

Hey Katy!

I have been crocheting some discloths as I always do. I had started crocheting a baby afghan but gone several rows into it and realized I made a big mistake back towards the beginning. I decided to rip it all out and am going to use a different pattern since I wasn't crazy about this one anyway. Other than that, I haven't done much. How about you?

Hi Roxane,
I am not working on any special projects at this time. I really do not have any excuse for this either, as the kids are all grown up and gone. I am hoping the warmer weather will bring about more ambition! Wonderful hearing about your projects and sorry to hear about the afgan problem. You are still way ahead of me! Keep up the good work!!!:D

Katy,

You are not the "Katy" I thought I was talking too these past couple of months. LOL The clue was when you said that all your children were grown. The other Katy has 2 small children. That's okay. Have we met? If not, hope we do. I am co-chair with Sandi at the Boutique.

Roxane

P.S. I should have figured it out when you signed "Navy Mom". Duh!

Roxane,
We may have met and not known it. We camp two doors down from Sandi and Dennis and I always try to make it through the boutique. I will look forward to putting a face to your name. Happy crafting!

Work on boutique

Mark or whomever - the screens on the boutique are in need of repair. Also, Mark, remember last year I talked to you about the outside water fixture just outside the back door? Is it possible to have it raised up. It also is in need of repair. During the show last year the girls from the dye kitchen had mega problems with it and got soaked trying to fix it. We will be up over Father's Day weekend - and I GET TO COME THIS YEAR!!! I retired effective 5/31 - not that I'm looking forward to it or anything:>)
Hugs, Sandi

quiltnweave;1670 said:
Mark or whomever - the screens on the boutique are in need of repair. Also, Mark, remember last year I talked to you about the outside water fixture just outside the back door? Is it possible to have it raised up. It also is in need of repair. During the show last year the girls from the dye kitchen had mega problems with it and got soaked trying to fix it. We will be up over Father's Day weekend - and I GET TO COME THIS YEAR!!! I retired effective 5/31 - not that I'm looking forward to it or anything:>)
Hugs, Sandi

I'll try to remember to look at it this weekend Sandi.

Congratulations on the retirement! Looking forward to seeing you Fathers Day weekend.

Hey Sandi,

I sent you a private email a couple of weeks ago. We are coming up Father's Day weekend also! First time we are able to do that. We are taking our camper there this weekend, weather permitting. Sounds like it is supposed to rain. I bought some Purple Cone Flower seeds to plant outside the Boutique. Remember, I talked to you and Helen about that a couple of years ago. I was going to do it last spring, but never got up there to do it. I just thought we should have something that blooms during the show planted by the Boutique. Wanted Rudbeckia but couldn't find any. The seeds were picked over.
Anyway, look forward to seeing you on Father's Day weekend and congratulations on retiring!! :)

Roxane

Flowers

Hi, I did get the e-mail, I was in Colorado for two weeks staying with 5-1/2 month old grandson while son, DIL and 3YO Tanner went to Mexico, when I got back, had work, night meetings, then Den and I went camping this weekend. Haven't been on computer much at all! Purple cone flowers will be good - Den and I planted the tiger lilies several years ago. Wish we could get something to grow in the back of the building, but I haven't a clue what! See you on Father's Day weekend, I'M SO READY!
Hugs, Sandi

Spring meeting

Hi Roxanne - did you make it to the spring meeting? We weren't able to get there, but we will be there for Steam School. I RETIRED! So, I don't care if my boss is on vacation or not - I'm done:>))) I bought the sticky dots for price marking in the boutique, have to look at the list to see what else we need. I still need to iron all the curtains and will bring them up on Father's Day weekend. I think we need a couple of curtain rods too, they pulled out from the wall and the little hooks are lost. Sure hope some of the other ladies join this forum, great way to keep in touch with everyone at the same time. Hugs, Sandi

Back