Porter Pictures from 9/13-14

Discussion in 'The Porter' started by Darren Gunderson, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Darren Gunderson

Darren Gunderson 20 Minneapolis #8702 Crew WMSTR Lifetime Member

Since no one has posted any pictures from the Porter running this past weekend I thought I might share a few. I am sorry I missed getting any of the crew cleaning out the 353 but I was able to get some of the Porter being put up for the winter.

First of all late in the afternoon on Saturday, the clouds cleared and an almost perfect rainbow appeared. It looked like the Porter was going to go right under it. The photos don't quite do it justice.

[​IMG]

I took several of this and could not help with a somewhat cliched shot of the end of the rainbow. I have seen this done with traction engines but I could not resist.

[​IMG]

Here is one of Shelly and Jackie. Shelly seems to be sporting some rather fashionable wristware. I guess parts of that engine get a bit warm.

[​IMG]

More to come

Darren

2. Darren Gunderson

Here are some from the clean out on Sunday.

Blowing out the flues

[​IMG]

If you have ever wondered why some of the Railroad Crews faces sometimes look a bit dark!

[​IMG]

Looks like lots of supervisors to get the soot out of there.

[​IMG]

I am pretty sure Mark's boots were pretty soaked after this one.

[​IMG]

Darren

3. M Kerkvliet

M Kerkvliet WMSTR Past President Administrator WMSTR Lifetime Member

There is a RR at the WMSTR? :eek:

Good to see some pictures to prove it! Thanks Darren for getting the RR a presence on the forum! We need a lot more from you RR types!

I was on the grounds on Friday night and Saturday, and the crew was sure having a good time! I think the main objective was to teach a bunch of folks how to fire on the Porter engine. I wonder how that went?

4. Darren Gunderson

I can tell you that from at least one perspective it went great. My wife had a great time learning to fire the Porter. I have told her on several occasions that if she would ever learn to steer instead of going round in circles:) that she could come help us on the traction engines, but that never seems to go anywhere. So she is one of the Railroad types you mention in your post, not I.

Darren

5. dclong

dclong Ortner Engineer Moderator WMSTR Lifetime Member

Awwww! Shelly, you're so cute!

6. JCShellyG

JCShellyG Intermediate Poster

Bah, overalls make me look fat. :D It was fun though. Learned a lot.

7. louie

louie Mega Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

[​IMG]
    I forgot that I had these pictures of the Porter which were taken 9/13

8. louie

9. louie

10. louie