Porter #3

40avery

Mega Poster
Super Moderator
WMSTR Lifetime Member
This is a picture of WMSTR Porter #3 locomotive.

This locomotive was donated to the show by Don Ames. Don purchased two engines from the Trap Rock Quarry in Dresser, WI. One engine #3 was donated to Bonnanzaville and one engine #5 was donated to us.

Steve Gerrich, Lynette Gerrich and Alfred Deutscher took interest in the project once Bonnanzaville transferred ownership of the #3 to us. They basically started with two axles on the tracks and worked from there. After countless hours of labor from the lead crew and many others it now runs the rails at WMSTR.

karl stange

Mega Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
more views

good information about the porter rick!!

thought you'd like to see a couple more views of the porter which my brother ken took in 2005.

40avery

Mega Poster
Super Moderator
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Great pictures of our little engine that could. The more posts the better.

Kenronsberg

Intermediate Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Posting Area

Hey Vern,
You're in charge of locomotives While I remember parts of this engine being extremly hot once, I thought I'd see this engine posted in the stationary steam section
Ken:hide:

Spencer M

Intermediate Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
what good would be be if it could'nt move? , we might aswell torch whole thing and ship it to china so they can make more razor blades for us ;)

vnanosky

Mega Poster
Administrator
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Porter

We have a few maintenance things on the 353 then it is full steam ahead on the Porter.:thumb: