Over the top

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by DOXEY41, Dec 7, 2018.

1. DOXEY41

DOXEY41 Mega Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

Thought I should share. Clayton is a go big or go home kinda guy but this a little over the top! Any thoughts on the weight of the snow blower ????

20181130_130837.jpg 20181130_130749.jpg

2. Jerry Christiansen

Jerry Christiansen Mega Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

Josh,

Clayton always plans ahead. The second picture clearly shows that wheel weights have not been installed yet. More than likely he will use the fork lift to bring the weights over and hold them in place. By using the lift he can comfortably stand by the machine for the install and not have to be on the floor. The lift should be strong enough to support the equipment during the operation and safely lower the finished product to the floor.

A bigger concern is the cab. Does Clayton have to hand in his 'man card' because he wimped out and installed a cab?

Later,
    Jerry Christiansen

3. s.d. jon

s.d. jon Mega Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

This is gonna be fun. The lift seems to be handling the weight so far, the blower should maybe be more centered. I hope the air line buy the door is long enough to inflate tires to correct pressure after the wheel weights are installed. Not sure about wimping out with the cab, the man card is definitely gone. The light I believe is another high dollar option for checking fuel level after dark. It is adjusted just right for that task.

Jerry Christiansen likes this.
  4. DOXEY41

All good points guys! Hopefully I'm still allowed in the shop on Monday?

5. cjmlarson

cjmlarson Mega Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

Just got home from a family Christmas gathering! all was well till I logged in and found this. I guess the next time Danger Boy wants to service his plow truck the only thing available will be a creeper and a flashlight. Oh and he can fill the engine with oil by using a pint jar to put 10 gallons of oil in.:yes2:

6. DOXEY41

Uh oh didn't think of that yikes!

7. David Schoff

David Schoff Junior Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

Now guys ! In Clayton's defense it does appear that this snowblower is at LEAST an 8 horse, with an all metal spout (some models are plastic) and the optional larger wheels. All would add additional weight ! With wheel weights it may approach the lifts rated capacity ! Or, maybe not.

8. M Kerkvliet

M Kerkvliet WMSTR Past President Administrator WMSTR Lifetime Member

What I thought of as soon as I saw that picture was that (in light of Danger Boy's record) with snow plow trucks, this was going to be the new rig he was assigned! You know... something that could not launch stop signs into the next county!

If you look close at the blower cab....

Josh.jpg

9. Jerry Christiansen

Jerry Christiansen Mega Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

Drivers often have their name written on the door of the vehicle they operate. That is a nice touch. Once again, Clayton is thinking ahead.

Later,
    Jerry Christiansen

10. DOXEY41

Thanks Mark! Now my man card is gone.