My mini V-8 with new headers.

Discussion in 'Models and Miniatures on the Hill' started by doc0455, Jul 9, 2019.

1. doc0455

doc0455 Junior Poster

2. Jerry Christiansen

Jerry Christiansen Mega Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

These small engines are amazing! How many hours have you got into building one of these? Are kits available? Or, do you start with prints and build everything?

I need to make more trips to the model building during the show, watch these things run and talk with your guys.

Later,
    Jerry Christiansen

3. Ned

Ned Mega Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

Very nice

4. doc0455

doc0455 Junior Poster

Jerry
    I started with a drawing and along the way made my own design on some things. The headers are my own design but yes it was built totally from bar stock no castings or forgings. Only thing I did not make was the screws holding it all together. I built 2 of them and was only working on them in my spare time. (was before I retired) It took about 5 years of tinkering and machining parts. To me the hardest part was the intake manifold. I spent a lot of time trying to make it look like a true forging. Anyway this is what I do for fun and love machining.

5. M Kerkvliet

M Kerkvliet WMSTR Past President Administrator WMSTR Lifetime Member

Very impressive! Thank you for sharing!

6. doc0455

doc0455 Junior Poster

Thanks Mark. I can't wait to check out the models at the show always enjoy checking everything out!

M Kerkvliet likes this.