Looking for a work weekend in the mill

Discussion in 'Briden-Roen Sawmill' started by CaseyD, Apr 21, 2008.

1. CaseyD

CaseyD B & R Sawmill Crew WMSTR Lifetime Member

Hey, I know the mill is usually locked, and more importantly I would want to work alone in the mill, so I am looking for a more experienced member to come out to the B&R with me to clean up the machinery for steam school and the Big Show. I worked on this a little bit last year and think that it would be nice to have the black sludge cleaned off the engines and machinery that has accumulated over the years.

Thanks!

2. CaseyD

Hi, just bumping this thread; I will be able to come out nearly any time in June or later. I would like to help anyone that is planning on working in the Mill.
    Thanks,

3. CaseyD

Hi, I'm just letting everyone know that I am still interested in helping in the mill. I will not be able to come out to steam school this weekend, but nearly any weekend or even weekday after that would be great. Thanks,

4. M Kerkvliet

M Kerkvliet WMSTR Past President Administrator WMSTR Lifetime Member

Too bad you had to miss Steam School Casey. The B&R Sawmill was in full operation for two days!

I will see Jim this week and will ask him if there is something you can do in there if you show up some weekend.

Missed seeing you this past weekend!

5. CaseyD

Thanks for asking Jim for me, Mark. Even with the forum, it is still hard to get ahold of some very important people. I look forward to being able to come out and see you and Katie soon!!

6. oldsmokey

oldsmokey Intermediate Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

hi caey,
    what have you been up to?

7. CaseyD

Lately, I've been studying hard at college. Last semester I earned a 3.91/4 gpa, and I want to keep it up since I plan to transfer to the University of Minnesota after next year to continue my studies in forestry. How have things been for you? Get to help on any fun steam projects? =)