It is official!

40avery

Mega Poster
Super Moderator
WMSTR Lifetime Member
The board has approved that 2011 will be the "Year of the Bulldog":thumb:

We have had leaders step forward to help head up the planning and administration of the feature and we are very excited about the possibilities.

We intend to have our first organizational meeting during the annual meeting. Look for it on the Annual meeting schedule.

We need a lot of people to help make this a great feature so please do not hesitate to volunteer.

Se you at the annual meeting.

Anyone want to pony up and buy the video guys wide angle lenses to get all these big dogs on film?

We may have to settle for a shot from a little further back.

We did have our first organizational meeting at the annual meeting. Seventeen attended and there is a lot of enthusiasm. I am really pumped up about the feature.:thumb:

Avery Feature

Thanks for doing the talking Rick! And sorry we couldn't stay for the rest of the meeting! Yes, there seems to be a few that are going to be good assets to the group! Sharon

how are things coming for the Avery feature?? Any news?

I am just checking on the status and if there is something that the chair-people need or want help with. I see the request for stories.

Who are the chair-people. I was curious who should be the one that gets contacted about this feature so there isnt miscommunication. I want to see this feature well represented also.

Glen Westphal

Avery Showbook history

When you guys are setting up chair-people, could you appoint someone to work on history, pictures and stories for the Showbook. It wouldn't hurt to get started on that right away. Get pictures during the 2010 Show too.

Showbook-inside back cover info

I need pictures and info about your committee and contact info within 1 week so I can get the book to the Printers by April 1st.

Please contact me right away.

Hey Avery folks,
I'll need your pictures and info as soon as possible too so we can get the poster and other advertising started. Is there any other things featured with the Avery...I thought I saw something in the showbook about a certian kind of rare gas engine or something? And is "Year of the Bulldog" a tagline we can use?
thanks!!

The original Avery Co did not have a gas engine, only steam, gas, separators, and machinery -- especially steam plows. Year of the Bulldog is fine to use! Teeth Talk was another logo saying because of the threshing machine teeth.

Poster

Hi Crystal! Another thing to put on the poster is the New Way gas engine. That is the gas engine being featured in 2011 with Avery.Jim Johnson is the one to find on this matter. Sharon

Very useful info to have for the tail end of the 2010 show video which is currently in edit mode!

tractorfamily4;8343 said:
Hi Crystal! Another thing to put on the poster is the New Way gas engine. That is the gas engine being featured in 2011 with Avery.Jim Johnson is the one to find on this matter. Sharon

Back