Homemade models

David mcardle

WMSTR Lifetime Members
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Help when my dad passed we found a few mode engines in his things buried in the shop. My boys are very interested in getting them finished but I would Benefit from talking to someone about them. They all roll over with air pressure and mostly seem to be cosmetic things like cleaning and oiling. But a few other ones need to be finished and wondering if there is anyone that builds there own that I could chat with before I mess something up. I have 3 1 is a stationary unit with boiler setup, one is traction engine and one looks like it was made from a old oil can or something.

Jerry Christiansen

Mega Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Hi David,

I hope some of the model folks stop by soon and address your questions.
I would enjoy seeing them, but I can't give much good advice for things to look for.

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

Ray Wangler

Intermediate Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
David, there are many experts in this crowd, me not being one of them. I have, however, built a couple engines and would be willing to help you in any way I can. You'll need to decide what it is you'd like to do with them. To fire and steam is significantly different than running them on air. To fire and steam them in public requires yet another degree of care. PM me and we can discuss