Gaar Scott

Myrtle

WMSTR Lifetime Members
WMSTR Lifetime Member
It was decided at the January Board meeting that Gaar Scott will be the feature for the 2013 show.

Dr Bill Nelson will be heading up this feature.

:thewave:

tr

how about some history on this tractor ? It must be a rare one as I cannot reall ever hearing about it and a search of the net did not produce much info

Gaar-Scott & Co., was an American threshing machine and steam traction engine builder based in Richmond, Indiana. The company built simple and compound engines in sizes from 10 to 40 horsepower. Farm machinery produced by the firm were advertised as part of "the Tiger Line" and used a tiger upon two globes as the company logo. It merged with the M. Rumley Co. in 1912 during a purchasing frenzy that put the later firm into insolvancy. The company was reorganized as Advance-Rumely Thresher Company Inc. It did build a few gas tractors as well. However, the name eventually died out.
The Abram Gaar House and Farm, is a favorite historic house in the state today. The Gaar-Scott office building, designed by noted architect John A. Hasecoster still stands in Richmond and is the headquarters of Richmond Baking, a large commercial baker.
Advance-Rumely Thresher Company was later purchased by Allis-Chalmers Mfg. Co.

Myrtle;10374 said:
Gaar-Scott & Co., was an American threshing machine and steam traction engine builder based in Richmond, Indiana. The company built simple and compound engines in sizes from 10 to 40 horsepower. Farm machinery produced by the firm were advertised as part of "the Tiger Line" and used a tiger upon two globes as the company logo. It merged with the M. Rumley Co. in 1912 during a purchasing frenzy that put the later firm into insolvancy. The company was reorganized as Advance-Rumely Thresher Company Inc. It did build a few gas tractors as well. However, the name eventually died out.
The Abram Gaar House and Farm, is a favorite historic house in the state today. The Gaar-Scott office building, designed by noted architect John A. Hasecoster still stands in Richmond and is the headquarters of Richmond Baking, a large commercial baker.
Advance-Rumely Thresher Company was later purchased by Allis-Chalmers Mfg. Co.
I am wondering what fellow posters think of having something like this printed and available at the show about each years feature. while ih is a quite well know tractor some of the others are not and I think maybe having a little history of the feature
would be helpful for visitors, I did not know much about Avery until last years show and only after I looked up some info on it on the net. there a lot of people out there that do not know much about tractors at our show one year somebody thought it was nice somebody named their tractor oliver

We place information about the tractor feature in that years show book. Plus the Expo building is usually a good place to find out more about the tractor brand we are featuring that year. And also, pretty much any of the people displaying a tractor at the Expo's or Features are more than happy to talk about their tractor and the history of the tractor company. All you have to do is as them.

A quick note for anyone (Exhibitor or Member) You're able to register your parade exhibits from the following URL: http://www.rollag.com/exhibit_create.php

When completed, you can print out an 8x11 sign to sleeve into a sheet and attach to the left side of your exhibit where the parade MC can easily read the number. Your information is stored in our database for easy access to recite the details of your exhibit, and for assisting our showbook team to detail the correct information about your item should a photo be used in our showbook.

Please let me know if you have any question on using this great tool!

2013 Gaar-Scott

Do we have a list of the Gaar-Scott engines that we have at the show and the engines that are planning to "visit" this year?

If you happened to pick up a 2013 show book, they have a listing inside the front cover. Of coarse visiting engines may have changed since press time. It also lists the year the Rollag engines arrived.

Gary

40 Gaar

I was just reading over the Gaar Scott feature info on the Rollag home page. and it lists Jerreds 40 twice as the "only one existing" it should read "one of 2 existing". the other one is in Yorkton, Saskatchewan. Owned by that branch of the Western Development Museum. Im not sure if its ran annually. but it had been run up till not very long ago. I'd post a couple pictures but im not on my computer
Colin

Back