Field Threshing 2013

Darren Gunderson

20 Minneapolis #8702 Crew
WMSTR Lifetime Member
I had a nice surprise this year in that Jeff Knutson got it set up for us to go across the road and do some field threshing this year. I feel very fortunate that I got to operate his 20 Minneapolis for the threshing event. I was pretty busy operating but was able to snap a few pictures while we were waiting for a new bundle wagon to show up. You can see we had good support with the 22 Return Flue bringing us water.

FieldThreshing2013Reduced_zps40ba94a7.jpg

What a great setting to do the threshing. After the demonstration, we headed back to the show grounds and we hauled both the water wagon and separator back with us. Here we are just leaving. I threw my camera at Gerry Parker to get a shot of us moving. This was the one I really liked but it had a person standing right in the way. I was able to extract him and clone some stuff in. It was really a thrill to be able to go to the field like this.
ThreshingRigReduced_zps47eaa70c.jpg

That is Jeff Knutson and Ron Lund walking behind the separator.

I did not get over to see what was going on across the road, but I heard a lot of very positive comments about it! I will get over there next year!

Mark,

It is good to know that there were good comments about it. I think it has the makings of a nice demonstration. I hope we can continue to develop that as an event.

Darren

Karl, I think there have been lots of ideas being generated on how to improve this kind of demo. I hope some of them work out as it would be great to see this develop.

I finally got around to editing a bout 2.5 minutes of video of the field threshing. It gives a little bit of an idea what the demonstration was like. Plans are underway to really enhance this in the future. Stay tuned for details.

[video=youtube_share;l-FXS2h4gHA]http://youtu.be/l-FXS2h4gHA[/video]

Darren

Back