Fence moving

Discussion in 'General Construction Discussion' started by cjmlarson, Jul 7, 2014.

1. cjmlarson

cjmlarson Mega Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

It would be real nice if we could get a group of 20 -25 WMSTR members to come out on Saturday morning. We will need lots of hands to help pull staples and nails out of the wooden fence post that hold the net wire fence to them. Then we will drag the fence to the west to its new fence line. We will be using the loader to pull the old post out of the ground. We will reuse any that are in good shape to reuse and we have new ones to take place of the rotten ones.
    Then we will drill new holes with the Bobcat where the new fence line will be. We have rented pneumatic tampers for installing the post in the ground, this way we do not wear out the help. Please bring a shovel, hammer, staple pulling pliers, or just a pliers. A small level 12" or 24".
    This is a job we would really like to finish in one day.
    With enough WMSTR volunteers this job shouldn't be that bad.
    This fence line is just north of the Round House.
    Not to push to hard, but we would like to be started at 8:00 am

2. DOXEY41

DOXEY41 Mega Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

Sounds good Clayton I plan on showing up. Did you get the auger from Craig Matson?

3. M Kerkvliet

M Kerkvliet WMSTR Past President Administrator WMSTR Lifetime Member

Starting at 8:00 AM is a great idea! IF it is to be a hot day, you can get a lot of work done during the cooler part of it! Maybe a few could even start pulling staples earlier than that!

I will be pouring concrete. Tough call which job is better...! I guess both area's need some bodies! Maybe after the concrete is poured, some of those folks can come out and work on the fence.

4. M Kerkvliet

M Kerkvliet WMSTR Past President Administrator WMSTR Lifetime Member

I followed up Clayton's thread (did a little pruning) HERE.