Donut tasting December 2022

Jerry Christiansen

Mega Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Hi everyone,

Louie is still having trouble getting here, so I copied what he put on FB.

Attention the last donut sampling day of this year will be held this Saturday at Larson Welding and Machine as usual there will a sampling session and coffee beginning at 8:00 am trading useless information trading is encouraged then we can move on to a few projects painting of the box on the slab truck repair and Machine part for Ortner train. IHC truck brake repair weld up 4 ash pans replacement of seal on gear box of woods mower and replace belt continuing work on planer restoration Lunch will served by Casey Jo's Catering so if you are looking for some entertainment come and join us any help is greatly appreciated hope to see you there

In case you are not sure, the date is 11 December. I plan to be there for at least part of the day. Does it work on anyone else's calendar?

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

Hi everyone,

I was only able to stay at the work weekend for about an hour.

A couple grain trucks were in the shop to get painted. A couple pictures of the scrapers at work.

Dec Q.jpg
Notice the mower in the back of the truck.

Dec D.jpg
The painting has started.

Dec H.jpg
The truck on the right is the truck in the first picture. The sides were taken off to that the front could get scraped and painted, too

Dec K.jpg
The mower is coming out.

Dec F.jpg
This is the bottom of the gearbox for the mower. The seal needed to be replaced. Before I left, the new seal was in place.

Dec J.jpg
The running gear for the Ortner Train. The boiler and cab were removed at the round house.

Dec O.jpg

I am not sure what all the plans are for the Ortner.

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

Hi again,

More pictures.

Dec P.jpg
Roger and others were installing a new master cylinder for the brakes on the International truck.

Dec M.jpg
More of the truck crew.

Dec L.jpg
It looks like Jeff wasn't playing well with the others.

Dec I.jpg
Other than I believe it is a planner, I don't know anything about this project.

Dec N.jpg
Another view of the planner.

Dec B.jpg

Notice the square pieces of steel on the floor toward the back.
Dec A .jpg
These square pans are to put under the steam engines to catch the ashes when the ash pan of the steam engine is being cleaned out.
The corners had to be welded and handles were welded on the sides.

Dec E.jpg

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

Back