Construction Expo Toy Crawler

louie

Mega Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
2014Crawler007.jpg

2014Crawler006.jpg

This is what the toy for the construction expo The pictures really don't do justice a really nice model when you see it in person The price will be higher $80.00 because of the increased cost for the toy 250 will be available

How many are usually ordered ?? Is the total yearly sales by number under 250 ? If I had a collection of all the tractors put out to date and my number was ( lets say 303 ) would I get number 303?? If not shame on someone!!!!!!!

The tractor looks real good, Hope that all that have purchased a compleate collection year after year won't be let down because of the cost !!!!!!!

To answer your question there are usually 500 units ordered and the past few years have all sold
there have also been years where they did not sell out along with plates, DVD's show books, clothing
just about anything that we sell due to the inceased cost of the unit The Board decided to cut down
on the number of units so that we do not end up with left over stock If there is enough input before
the next board meeting there is a possibilty of getting more units

Has anyone taken a look at the list to see how many people have reserved numbers and how many are above 250? The two possible issues would be that there aren’t enough un-reserved numbers below 250 to cover the ones above. The other would be, that the collectors with numbers above 250, would have toys that do not match the others. So I guess it is an advantage to have a lower number. If 250 toys, covers all those that have reserved numbers, how many are going to be disappointed that usually purchase them with random numbers. My number is 76, I hope no one that has a number above 250, bumps my 76. This toy is so sexy, that you may find they fly off the shelves even with the increased cost. My thoughts are, that cutting the number in half might be too big of a cut. Tough decisions.
Gary

This toy is more expensive (because of the detail) than any we have had before. We have never intentionally done any souvenir item with the intention of breaking even or losing money. There have been years when we have lost money on the toy tractor.

If you all remember, we did have a very tight budget this year. That had to come into account when budgeting for this item.

That being said, we are going to look at the numbers mentioned above and explore our options. Everyone's input will be considered. Leaha has provided us with good data to work with.

Gary... Nobody will lose a number lower than 250.

I, personally, have no doubt that this was a decision that was not easy for the board and all involved to make. I doubt many decisions are. With the increased cost versus regular, one has to wonder if some that would normally purchase a toy (both members and visitors) will choose not to. If we do some math, assume 250 tractors at $80 a piece... that's another $20,000 that wouldn't go to other projects.. Just my two cents. Mike

Good news at the board meeting on Saturday after getting a lot of input It was decided to order an additional 250 toys which will bring the total to 500 I would like to thank everyone for their input on this matter

Louie it is real good to hear that the board approved the additional 250 now no one will be left out. Thanks to the board and to the person that brought it to the board. I don't collect the wmstr toy tractors since I believe the first year when there was a small problem but that is now history. If all 500 are not sold I will buy one to cut down on the possible loss.and resell it on ebay.
The post that the added cost would take away from other projects is bogus, the buget for 2013 has already been approved, it could effect other projects if they could not compleate the project with the approved funding and needed more funding. And in 2014 the $ 40,000 would be returned to the bank account as with some of the other things like the funds from the sale of plates and belt buckles, books etc that are sold. It could effect the reserve account for the preperation for 2014 show, hopefull not !!!!!! Just my quarters worth ( 2 cents with inflation ) Hopefully number 500 will be available thats the number I would like to have.:smilie_flagge13:

mrnewway;n22145 said:
Hopefully number 500 will be available thats the number I would like to have.:smilie_flagge13:

Better get an e-mail off to Leaha! She is great at making sure things happen as they are supposed to!

Last time around I got about 3 warning calls during the show telling me that if I didn't pick up my number soon, she was going to sell it to someone else! :eek: She was running short on tractors!

Seriously... there have issues with the toy venture on at least 3 occasions. Only one was a big loss... the others we managed to work our way out of with only a few folks upset!

Everyone do your part and buy a tractor!!! Maybe 2!!! :thumb:

Great to hear. Camping next to the "Keepers of the Toy Tractors" I too am reminded to find my checkbook and pay up! While I know everyone has a different financial situation, I will gladly pay the extra few dollars to keep adding to my collection!

To Louie's point about some years not selling, true, I have no IH tractors, and maybe 3 Allis tractors for the online store, showbooks are a thin item as well, but I have a number of IH sweatshits.... (subtle plug with this cold winter, you can stock up on warm weather Rollag gear in the offseasons!)

- T

Well tried to send Leaha a pm but the reply is she is not recieving pm's . Now what!!!! Anyone got her e-mail address????? and I was going to order more to do my part.

Thanks Mark. Now lets all buy one of the crawlers its a very nice toy and would make a wonderful gift. Hope they sell out and that everyone gets their number as in the past.

Thanks Mark. Now lets all buy one of the crawlers its a very nice toy and would make a wonderful gift. Hope they sell out and that everyone gets their number as in the past.

Thanks Mark Now everyone order one of the crawlers, or maybe more they make wonderful gifts. and I hope those with a series get the right number if it is above 250. love to help.
Jim out west

Here is the sign-up form for the 2014 Toy Tractor. Print it out and fill it in, or you should be able to open it on your computer, type in your order and print it out, for those like me with less than perfect penmanship!

View attachment 2014

Attachments

• conv_544.pdf
    925.9 KB · Views: 0
I like the form Tim! I wonder how numbers are being handled? Should there be some method of requesting a number, or entering the number you already have? Maybe Leaha is going to take care of that?

Cool in any case!

Back