Chicken coop

Todd Hintz

Mega Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
I may have asked this here before (the memory is the first to go, I can't remember the second thing)...

who built the chicken coop at the farmstead? I want to build one similar to it at my farm, and wondered if there were any plans drawn up at the time it was built and if so, if I could purchase a copy of them.

Thanks!
Todd

Merlyn Meyer

Intermediate Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Chicken coop

Todd-
It was my grandson, Andy Meyer, that had the idea to build a chicken coop. I helped him with the plans. Most was done from my memory of what little coops looked like when I was a kid. (That was a long time ago!) The type of windows we used are made to fit between studs placed two feet apart, so the lengh of the building is determined by making the front symetrical with the number of windows you want to use. If I remember right the building is twelve feet wide. The front wall is eight feet high and the back wall is six feet. The rest was just "build as you go". It was a rather simple building to build. If you have any specific questions, send me another message.
Merlyn Meyer

Todd Hintz

Mega Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Thanks! As crazy as it sounds, that is one of my favorite buildings at the Hill. I took all kinds of pictures of it the first show it was there. I like it because it looks like a chicken coop should!:thumb: