1. We think we have tackled most of the issues that were causing problems with some area's of the Community Forum. Email should be working again so you should get notifications of subscribed threads, etc. We are working on getting an SSL certificate so the "Website Not Secure" message goes away. Please let us know of any other issues you notice so we can address them.
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all that show in the gas engine area!

Discussion in 'Stationary Gas and Diesel Engines' started by JLWithers, May 30, 2016.

1. JLWithers

JLWithers Junior Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

On Saturday June 4 we would like to have a work day in the gas engine area. Quite frankly, the gas engine area looks bad and we should tidy it up a bit. This Saturday please come help us rake leaves, rake out the engine pens, mow, and spread grass seed. My dad will have his grill and we will do a little picnic. Feel free to bring a dish to share and plenty to drink.

We would also like to have another day like this in July and August. Projects to be determined.

jswithers likes this.
  2. frigstad

frigstad Senor Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

I'll be there with an extra rake or two.

jswithers and JLWithers like this.
  3. jswithers

jswithers WMSTR Lifetime Members WMSTR Lifetime Member

Just a reminder about gas engine work area work day today. I hope to see some of you out there today. Thank you in advance.

4. frigstad

Thanks to all that raked and mowed on Saturday and Sunday.

Special thanks to the chief chef who kept everyone's plate filled with burgers and dogs.

jswithers likes this.
  5. jswithers

I am looking for a few volunteers to help finish up the work that has been done in the gas engine area. There are several piles of leaves that need to be moved and the area from the north side of the model building and west of the Jurgens engine building to the road still needs to be raked, leaves moved and mowed. We did manage to get a large area raked, mowed, trimmed, leaves moved and even some grass seed scattered in several ares. If we get the area mentioned taken care of we still have time to get it seeded also. Of course grass seed means growing grass that needs to be mowed but that's another story. I won't be able to go be there this weekend as I need to go to Minneapolis to visit my wife who has been in Maple Grove for the last 2 weeks for training for her new job and will be there for another 2 weeks so I suppose I should make an effort...lol! Keven and Eva won't be there either as they are visiting Washington D.C. But I believe Jeremy's plans have changed so he will be there this weekend. He will be busy with another project but I think if you go look him up in the Otto building he'll be able to help you out with rakes and mowers, etc and guide you on what still needs to be done. It's really starting to shape up so I want to say thanks to everyone for your help. And thanks in advance if you can help this weekend.

6. jswithers

We will be organizing a work weekend this weekend August 20 and 21 in the gas engine area. We are planning on staining the Otto building with pressure washing on Saturday and staining on Sunday. We have the stain and at least 1 sprayer. Also there is a lot of grass to be mowed in the gas engine area also. We have a couple of mowers but could use a trimmer. I will have my big grill for burgers and dogs. Please bring something to share. We really need and appreciate your help. Thanks in advance. We hope to see you this weekend on the hill.

JLWithers likes this.
  7. frigstad

Many thanks to the chief cook. Wonderful noon meals on Saturday and Sunday.

Also, thanks to the volunteers that showed up to help pressure wash the OTTO Bldg (#23).

We decided to let the building dry for a week before staining.

One of the volunteers is bringing his commercial sprayer to stain the Bldg the weekend of the 27th.

Prayers offered for no wind on the 27th.

jswithers and M Kerkvliet like this.
  8. jswithers

Thank you very much and you're welcome. I actually enjoy it. I do it as a way to show my gratitude for the helpers in our area. I was very tired on Sunday and I think I said I wasn't going to do it any more but now that I'm rested...I can't wait for the next one...:cool:

And many thanks to all that helped in, on and around the Otto building. It's coming together. And thanks to all that worked around the gas engine area. It's very much appreciated.

And thanks to Ron for helping around the gas engine feature building. We worked on the water system and some things getting it ready to host the 1882 Crossley and all the Wittes.

There is still plenty to do around the buildings and the grounds around the gas engine area. Any and all help is gratefully appreciated. I believe Ron is there now until showtime and Jim Johnson should be there soon. I will be out there next Saturday (Aug 27) until the end of the show. Keven will be out there Next Saturday also but I'm not sure if he's staying or if he needs to go home and then come back. I think Jeremy will be out there on the 30th for the duration. Please come find one of us and we'll find something for you to do. I won't be grilling again this year. Sorry.

M Kerkvliet likes this.
  9. JLWithers

JLWithers Junior Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

Jim is there. Got there yesterday.

M Kerkvliet and jswithers like this.
  10. frigstad

I got hung up in Fargo on some personal stuff and will be on the hill on Thursday the 25th for the duration.

jswithers likes this.