Brand new 1914 40hp Avery on the way

steve kunz;4586 said:
Hi, just wondering how work on the Avery is coming ? I know that I have gotten slowed down with grass cutting and all the other work that comes with summer.
I had my 18 HP Avery steamed up this weekend, here is a picture. Also before and after pictures of the Avery water wagon that I just finished restoring.
Steve

Steve,
The water wagon looks great! At what shows do you show your Avery? Any place outside of St. Louis isn't too far for me for a day trip.

Thanks,
Mike M

Mike,
My Avery has never been to a show in its life. It sure would be fun to take it to WMSTR in 2011 for the avery feature. I guess there is just to many toys and not enough time. I also own a 1882 Harrison that I keep at the Mt Pleasant show. Here is a picture of me in the parade last year.
Steve

I'll second Mike's motion on keeping the photos coming. My dream is to have one of these myself some day, and it sure is fun looking at the pictures. I, too, wish I was closer to learn this stuff and provide some elbow grease to the project. Thanks, Rick!
Todd

40 Avery wheels

Steam engine repair season is starting again. The rear wheels for Mark's 40 Avery need a bunch of loose lugs removed, straightened and riveted back on. I volunteered to head up this part of the project and am now looking for people that are willing to help. If you are interested in learning how to rivet, please let me know. Send me a PM and we can workout which weekend to start on them.

Thanks,
Pete

Pete Mandt;5693 said:
Steam engine repair season is starting again. The rear wheels for Mark's 40 Avery need a bunch of loose lugs removed, straightened and riveted back on. I volunteered to head up this part of the project and am now looking for people that are willing to help. If you are interested in learning how to rivet, please let me know. Send me a PM and we can workout which weekend to start on them.

Thanks,
Pete

In Fargo Pete?

Back