Baker Depot Moving Project Begins!

m kerkvliet

WMSTR Past President
Administrator
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Now that the RR Crew has gotten the track project under control, they needed something else to occupy their time!

Sitting around in the roundhouse one day, they were overheard saying... "Let's move the Baker Depot!"

Work started in earnest this past weekend getting the site work done, and setting up forms for the footings.

Diligent work and careful planning mean you only have to cut, or dig once! Here Ken Ronsberg and Jerry Asher work on setting one of the forms, under the careful supervision of Ken's wife Carole.

DSC05844.jpg

Later in the day Tom Hall and Fred Bohjanen showed up to lend their expertise.

DSC05866.jpg

Part of Tom's expertise was showing Ken the proper way to hold the grade stick!

DSC05869.jpg

And here their fearless leader, Jerry is looking through the level. not sure what he is looking at, but I think he may be shooting a straight line down the track for some of Jerry Christiansen's tree plantings... :biglaugh::eek:

DSC05868.jpg

The Baker move is off to a great start! Watch here for more updates as it progresses!

Depot move

Hi if you folks are interested i have some house moving equipment steel beams,bunk,and dolly i would be happy to bring to Rollag if you can get the help i would help move the depot. I got about 20 years exp. moving buildings so we could get it done. It's alot of work but it would be alot of fun. Jeff Holmgren 55481:thumb:

holmgrenj;7125 said:
Hi if you folks are interested i have some house moving equipment steel beams,bunk,and dolly i would be happy to bring to Rollag if you can get the help i would help move the depot. I got about 20 years exp. moving buildings so we could get it done. It's alot of work but it would be alot of fun. Jeff Holmgren 55481:thumb:

Wow Jeff! Generous offer!

I suspect that the powers that be will be in contact with you! There would be no shortage of people willing to help out with something like this!

Thanks...!

Baker Depot Update

Has the Baker Depot been moved? Or maybe I should ask is the Baker Depot going to be moved? If so post an update.

It is going to be moved Jim... I thing the RR division is working with Jeff on the plans. Not sure of a time frame, but it should be sooner rather than later.

M Kerkvliet;7635 said:
It is going to be moved Jim... I thing the RR division is working with Jeff on the plans. Not sure of a time frame, but it should be sooner rather than later.
Jeff is my dad, they met today he has told me that we will be bringing the equipment down in two weeks, and the exact move date is undecided but as u say sooner rather than later.

Baker Move

Mothers Day weekend will be bringing some of the equipment down to move want to get it started when we have time between summer events so alot of people won't be on the grounds to limt the worry of people getting hurt while in the process of moving will post more later. Also keep updates so if anybody wants to help they can come and help. :smilie_flagge13::Welcome::bannana:

Kim... If you look carefully in the first post in this thread you can see the service building in the background. The exact location will be immediately south of the post office and just north of the east gate crossing on Main Street.

Vern and who ever else is interested i'm still planning on bringing eq down mothers day weekend but stuck in Fl. right now looking for a load back up north will keep you guys updated.

well does Not look like i will be bringing eq. down mothers day weekend still in Fl. call me Vern we'll try set something else up Thanks Jeff

Will be headed for Rollag with a load of equipment for moving the depot in the morning. Then back home for the second load and the camper back down on Sat. to start the prosess of moving it if anyone whats to help there welcome to come. Should be there by about 10 or so. Going to go back home on Sun. afternoon.:woohoo1::thumb:

Maybe I do have reason to bring up my big camera this weekend, Document some video/photo of the process! - I'll try and check in this weekend and see how things are going! - Headed for The Hill in 6 hours.

I'll be coming to WMSTR on Sat. and if its not to wet work on getting the beams under the depot. Anybody who wants to help is welcome to stop by. Should be there around 9 am

Bakerdepotmove001.jpg

A few pic's of saturday's activities at the baker depot unknown backhoe operator remoing dirt from side of building to get jacks in

Back