Back yard lumber

cjmlarson

Mega Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Jane and I are doing some changes to our back yard, so some trees had to be cut down. I saved some to take to the show grounds that we donated to saw up. I used my new boom truck that Wimpy and I found.20180803_091810_1533308761570_resized.jpg

20180805_065016_resized.jpg 20180805_082741_1533558978984_resized.jpg
We kept track during the show and these logs raised just over 1100 dollars on Friday.

Clayton,

That is a pretty neat self loading truck you have. Where do you and Wimpy keep finding these outfits? What is the lift capacity of the boom?

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

I built the jib on the end of it so I could reach further to put up rafters. So with out that it is rated at 8,000 lbs as close to the truck as you can get. All hydraulic with four out riggers, I did have to put a new wood on the bed of the truck. The first time I walked on it I fell through it (ouch). When Wimpy and I went to get it ,it was froze down and didn't run. Here's I we got it to my place.

20171202_112741.jpg

Is that Ross-Ko millwright company. Used to do work at the elevator in Rosholt. Seems like they were from somewhere in your neck of the woods.

I have no clue. I bought it from a guy north of Rollag, not sure where he got it.

1... That is one hell of a load on that truck! Doubt you could scale that :)...
2... Has Klinger seen that truck? He must be figuring a way to outpace you by now!

Good deal on the board feet generating WMSTR income! :congrats:

Well you could scale it but I don't think you would want to know what it was weighing. Snuck out early one Sunday morn and got it unloaded. I will say this, it rode real smoooooth on the way out to the hill.
As far as Klinger goes, I am not sure if he has seen it or not. I have done two rafter jobs with it and have another lined up for next summer already.

Well you could scale it but I don't think you would want to know what it was weighing. Snuck out early one Sunday morn and got it unloaded. I will say this, it rode real smoooooth on the way out to the hill.
As far as Klinger goes, I am not sure if he has seen it or not. I have done two rafter jobs with it and have another lined up for next summer already.
Do the changes to your back yard involve rafters? Maybe something 80 x 120 with 14' wall height? That would be nice! That was an awesome load for a single axle truck.

Back