80 skid engine

Discussion in 'Briden-Roen Sawmill' started by 40avery, Feb 23, 2007.

1. 40avery

40avery Mega Poster Super Moderator WMSTR Lifetime Member

This is the Case 80 HP skid engine in the BR Sawmill. It powers the edger, the conveyors and some of the steam drive engines in the mill. It fires sweet but with all the equipment it runs you have to stay on top of it at all times.

The 80 skid is a 1914 engine, very rare because it has reverse, most stationery engines only run one direction without moving the eccentric by hand. This engine has the same valve linkage as a traction engine.

2. M Kerkvliet

M Kerkvliet WMSTR Past President Administrator WMSTR Lifetime Member

Looks like you have the posting thing all figured out Rick!

3. 40avery

Getting better. I need a better picture editor at home. There is a real disparity from what my editor shows for picture size as to what it shows once it is entered into the forum.

4. CaseyD

CaseyD B & R Sawmill Crew WMSTR Lifetime Member

Do you have any idea what year this engine is?

5. Lynette

Lynette Intermediate Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

80 Case Skid in Sawmill

The 80 skid is a 1914 engine, very rare because it has reverse, most stationery engines only run one direction without moving the eccentric by hand. This engine has the same valve linkage as a traction engine.
    Jim Briden

6. 40avery

Jim,

Thanks for the details on the 80.:) I took the liberty to paste it into the first post. If there are other details we could print on it please post it up.

Rick