'09 Feature - We need ideas

40avery

Mega Poster
Super Moderator
WMSTR Lifetime Member
We are looking for ideas and champions for a feature/features for 2009. We need to start planning soon to get things going.

Please let us know what you think.:)

I think the ladies wanted to do the feature for 2009. It was brought before the board during the fall meeting. No confirmation was given but no opposition either.

It has been a while since we had a Pioneer Womens Feature. If we have people to bring it together it would be an option.:)

Feature Ideas

I got a few ideas for show features maybe not for 09 but other years. We could feature the Railroads seeing how we are the only show for hundreds of miles with two full size working steam locomotives. Or we could do a show featuring prarie tractors WMSTR has one of the largest and rare collection of the in the US.

Erik

HEY! What about scale steam locomotives? How far would one have to go to see another one of those beauties??:)

What about a firefighting feature. How the fire service has changed over the years.

:bump:

Bumping this thread!

At our last board meeting we discussed this topic again, but did not decide anything. I was asked to post it here for more input, and we will also take input at the Spring Meeting on May 31.

Have a good idea? Post it here and I will take all ideas to the board for our next meeting, including the ones already mentioned.

How about "lesser known or oddball" tractor manufactures. Names such as Graham Bradley, Silver King, Gibson, and such that built tractors for a short run of time or limited numbers.

Matt

I would love a firefighting feature. That surprises no one does it.:D It might promote interest in the new Fire Station. Working on having a fire engine to show. Gaar Scott in 2012 as Dr. Bills will be 100.

How about IHC sometime soon:bannana::eek: :thumb:
or maybe try to re-do the Case expo and hope for dry weather:hide:

Colin;4475 said:
How about IHC sometime soon:bannana::eek: :thumb:
or maybe try to re-do the Case expo and hope for dry weather:hide:

If we follow the pattern, IH should come up in 2012 if there is interest. Allis has already been talked about for 2010.

The BIG expo's have typically been held in the even numbered years, with the smaller "features" held in the odd numbered years. For 2009 we need something of the latter variety! Some good ideas here... I will pass them along!

How about Oliver tractors and farm equipment for 2009. It could include Hart-Parr, Oliver, White Farm Equipment, and any other lines that are associated with the line of equipment. Also if Allis Chalmers is the plan for 2010, you should include Gleaner Combines too as they were a big part of the company and still tons of them out there in the fields today. Another idea I had was haying equipment for 2009, from how it was done way back in the day with horses to today's modern balers, mowers, and self propelled windrowers too. Maybe feature the Hesston line of equipment as it is a well known name in the haying industry. Just a couple of ideas for next year.

M Kerkvliet;4477 said:
If we follow the pattern, IH should come up in 2012 if there is interest.

pah!! "If there's an interest..." ;)
I love red tractors!!!!

:bump:

One last chance. I am printing this thread and bringing it to the board meeting on Friday, June 13.

This is way out in left field but what about Schramm Pneumatractors. I have no clue who they belong to, but i know we have one here that really needs to see some daylight. If it wasn't for aircompressors, this world would be FLAT.. :rof:

Myrtle...

Myrtle;4646 said:
This is way out in left field but what about Schramm Pneumatractors. I have no clue who they belong to, but i know we have one here that really needs to see some daylight. If it wasn't for aircompressors, this world would be FLAT.. :rof:

Myrtle...

:biglaugh:

You are your fathers daughter!

How about featuring separators? I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that have no idea what's in one. Grain separation from the flail to the axial flow combine of today has many similarities and many advancements that would make an excellent book article. A good explanation of separator operation by Ron Lund would make another great book article. There are many stories about the history of separators. Stange's John Deere, Edin's Minneapolis, Bjorndahl's Minneapolis, are just some that I've heard about. These and many others would also make good book articles. I think a lot of people would bring their machines out for display, and I think it would draw interest from spectators as well.

Just a thought.
Ray

throwing in my 2 cents... what about "Ladies Activities" show? (see posts #2 and #3 off this post).

also, a "volunteer fire" type show would be nice as to bring attention for the need of a fire house building to house the fire trucks in a central placement... like where the mt. st. helens car used to be.

I think this has been settled guys. I am not sure of the exact verbiage yet, but it if memory serves me correctly, it is going to be harvest equipment (emphasis on separators) and ladies activities of some sort. I will get more information at the next board meeting and let you know.

2009 Feature

Ladies Activities feature for 09 - YAHOO! You know what they say, behind every good man:) The ladies of the Boutique and Ladies Activities Bldg. would love to be featured in 2009, all kinds of things we could do:bannana:

Back