Steam School 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

m kerkvliet

WMSTR Past President
Administrator
WMSTR Lifetime Member
There were a lot of folks who atteneded The Rollag College of Steam Traction Engineering (Also known as the Tom and Gerry show) this past weekend. Last count I heard was between 70 and 80 somewhere.

Professor Tom Hall was gracious enough to allow me to take a couple of photographs for the forum, and for the show book. I only got a few as I felt I was disrupting the class and I didn't want to do that!

Would either Professor Hall, or Parker please contribute to this thread and let us all know who all of the instructors are? Let's give credit where credit is due!

Here are the to best shots I got... both are when Dr. Jeff Knutson was explaining (I think) the properties of water, and what happens when you heat it up! Way over my head!

The good professor using his laser pointer to keep everyone focused on what he is telling them...

steamschool2.jpg

And the students hanging on his every word!

steamschool1.jpg

Thanks for a job well done guys!

2007 Steam School

We, the students of U of R, are lucky to have those guys as teachers!! It is amazing how inviting they were towards us to come and get some experience. What was the name of the one teacher who works at a boiler factory? Do they make reproduction boilers for traction engines? ...Hopefully there is somewhere that they can be made, or you can be guaranteed that this hobby won't last too long:( :sad:

While I was there, I forgot to ask about the Case Steam Engine manual that we use as a study reference...does anybody know anything about it? I have a separate post about that on the steam school section-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back