Share your talents

jsiirila

Mega Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
We need teachers for the following classes during the Show:
Quill Pens,Lefse making, Paper Doll making, Candle making, Corn husk dolls, crochet, Bobbin Lace, Butter Churning, Pie making, Quilting, Clay dice, Clay checkers, Clay buttons, Stitches-special, Knitting, old fashioned Christmas ornaments.

If you can teach one of these classes let me know. The classes will be available twice during the Show, Sat & Sun for 1/2 to one hour approx each. Plenty of time to do what you normally do. If you would like to give it a trial run to make sure you have supplies needed, let us know when and there will be WMSTR members eager to take your class.

These activities that Jean has listed will take place in the Expo building. WE NEED LADIES! If you have a craft that you normally do on the grounds every year, please bring it to us for just an hour or two if you are mobile. We would like to spotlight specific talents in the expo building as well as highlight them all over the grounds.

If you are a WOMAN of ROLLAG and you don't have a job yet, we need volunteers to run the expo buildings daily crafts as listed above. Please come by or let us know in advance so we can get a headcount of volunteers. The more people we have, the more fun stuff we can do!

Thanks and can't wait to see you at the show!

Let us know if you have any questions or suggestions. Thanks!!

Weaving

Hi Crystal and Jean, I weave baskets when time allows me away from the boutique. I'm not sure I could do a basket in an hour. I'll do some research and see what I can come up with. But first I would have to check with my co-chair to see what hours she can work.
See you both soon!

Hey Sandi, We'll take you whenever you have the spare time, for however long you want! One to two hours is just a general time that we figured would be manageable. Thanks!

Sharing your hobby/talents

We (my daughter and I) would be happy to share in demonstrating our hobby - We could explain and answer questions about the 28 Minneapolis Steam Traction Engine that we help operate. If the engine is not being used in powering a saw mill, thresher etc. we welcome people to climb up and show them around the engine. We are usually located up near the expo building close to the railroad tracks/threshing area. Any idea's for this - please send them our way.
Clara & Jennifer Edin

sharing your talent

Sandi- thanks for being willing to share. Demonstrating is great. There might be a few ladies, like me, that would like to do a tiny basket to take. This would be very small so it could be finished in an hour.

Clara & Jennifer- That's a great idea. Could you put up a sign by your engine when you are available for people to ask you questions and get a look from up on the engine.

Back