New boiler is almost done.

Jason Lange

Intermediate Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
We just finished putting the engine and the wheels on the new boiler, few more welds and sandblasting and inspections and it will be done. Thanks Jeff!!!!:thewave:

View attachment 404

Jason,

The engine is looking good. When will we get to see it?

Steam Up is on April 14, (Hint, hint) maybe you could bring it to Jim's shop for that.

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

Thanks everyone, I don't think we will have it ready for the steam up to many things to get done both on the engine and in the shop.

You look like a proud papa. Looks greats can't wait to see you steamin again!!! :thumb:

We are back!!!! Steamed up this weekend at Jeff Lund's place, ran the engine on Jerry's Pony Brake. Now we are ready to saw wood!!!!!!!:thewave:

That has got to be a good feeling knowing that your boiler is now ready to go for quite some time. I look forward to seeing it.

Darren

It was fun to see and hear it run again. You did a great job Jason! Cant wait to see it sawing again!

Saturday at Lund's was a great day. Three steam engines with new boilers, good weather, good food and friends.

The Lange engine ran well. Compliments need to be given to Jeff and to the Lange family for a job well done. The paint on the smoke stack did not stand up to the task, but we were working the engine pretty hard.

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

A few pictures from Saturday.

IMAG0169.jpg

Warming up..

IMAG0171.jpg

Getting up to speed...

IMAG0172.jpg

Wearing off the shiny stack paint...

Well this thread is a little old but since Rollag was the first big test for the new boiler, I wanted to put something out here. The power difference on the saw was great and both work and fuel was less than the old boiler. When you get all that steel hot it doesn't take much to keep it there. It was fun to run and after a few adjustments to things we were running full steam. Sunday we sawed from 9a.m. till 4 p.m. thats alot of walking sticks!!!!! I want to thank Mark for stopping and talking to us, it was nice to see the President up on the hill talking to everyone, its been a long time since that has been done.:thumb: Thanks again Jeff, the boiler is everything I expected it to be and more. Heres to the next 50 years on the sawmill!!!!:thewave:

I don't remember what evening it was but I was talking to Bob and he mentioned there was "foreign matter" in the boiler and you needed to drain and rinse it out. Did that fix the problems?

Congratulations on a great run Jason! Your engine looked and sounded great!

Back