• Many of the photos in this section are obtained from the showbook committee.

Lyle Danielson

Lynette

Intermediate Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
lyle3.jpg
Lyle Danielson
1945 - 2016

With great sadness, to announce the loss of a dear WMSTR friend, Lyle Danielson, of Long Prairie, Mn. Lyle entered the heavenly gates early this morning.​

Funeral services will be 11:00 AM Tuesday March 29, 2016 at First Baptist Church in Long Prairie, MN for Lyle Danielson who died Thursday, March 24, 2016 at the St. Cloud Hospital. Pastor Paul Twist and Pastor Matt Stacey will officiate. Burial will be at Evergreen Cemetery in Long Prairie. Visitation will be from 4:00-7:00 PM Monday, March 28, 2016 and 1 hour prior to services on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at the First Baptist Church in Long Prairie. Arrangements have been entrusted to the Williams Ding- mann Stein Chapel in Long Prairie, MN.

Lyle was born in Detroit Lakes, MN to Roy & Alice (Johnson) Danielson. He grew up in the Fargo, ND area and graduated from Fargo Central High School. He married Betty (Chase) Lundberg on June 25, 1966 in Detroit Lakes, MN. They moved to Long Prairie in 1971. Lyle worked for Lux Hardware and later owned and operated Danielson Furniture and Floor Covering with his wife Betty for 17 years. More recently he worked for the Long Prairie Area Chamber of Commerce and EDA. Lyle lived his faith every day. He was very service oriented and devoted to his church and his community. He was a member of First Baptist Church in Long Prairie, MN and Net Menders, a Texas/Mexico mission group. He was an elder and Sunday School teacher at First Baptist Church, as well as lead numerous Bible studies through the years. He spent a lot of time fixing and refurbishing bicycles that would be delivered to children in Mexico on their mission trips. Lyle enjoyed going to auctions and flea markets, hunting for bargains and "treasures", many of which had a motor of some sort. He spent 32 years volunteering at Western Minnesota Steam Threshers Reunion where he and his family transformed a small booth selling cassette tapes, buttons and books into a large souvenir store. He loved spending time with his grandchildren and dog, all of which he liked to tease. He always liked a good laugh. In his later years he enjoyed spending time reading.

Survivors include his wife Betty of Long Prairie; children, Deb (David) Fridberg of Prior Lake; Jerry (Kathy) of Long Prairie; Greg (Andrea) of Waite Park; brothers and sister, Lee (Nancy) of Plymouth; Larry (Myra) of Morden, MT Canada; Leonard of Moorhead; Lenore Carpenter of Milaca; Lynn (Jan) of Denver, CO; grandchildren, Joshua Fridberg, Krista Fridberg, Jordan (Michelle) Danielson, Kale Danielson, August Danielson and Gavin Danielson.

He was preceded in death by his parents.

Sad news. Lyle was one of the "great guys" on the hill. He always had time for a visit whenever we crossed paths.

Sad phone call this morning.

Lyle was one of the guys I would sit and visit with often... Lyle, Betty, Lee and Nancy were great supporters of mine during my tenure as President of WMSTR, He would always be there to listen and to offer advice on all things WMSTR and beyond. And oh what a job running the West Gate Shoppe with his family!

Katy and I will really miss him as will all of WMSTR.

Keeping the Danielson family in prayer...

Sad phone call this morning.

Lyle was one of the guys I would sit and visit with often... Lyle, Betty, Lee and Nancy were great supporters of mine during my tenure as President of WMSTR, He would always be there to listen and to offer advice on all things WMSTR and beyond. And oh what a job running the West Gate Shoppe with his family!

Katy and I will really miss him as will all of WMSTR.

Keeping the Danielson family in prayer...
I checked the funeral home in Long Prairie and Lyle's Funeral is at 11 am Tuesday, not 2pm. Yes, Lyle was a great friend and will be greatly missed.
Merlyn

Back