John Deere Expo projects

Lee

Mega Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
I am going to try and post some pictures of my Expo projects for next year. The AR was my Grandpa's and was the first tractor I ever drove when I was about 10. It hasn't been run since the early 80's. All the pieces are there except the block and pistons. I have always liked the unstyled JD and this A was fairly complete.
:scuba:

Lee,
Good luck on your projects and rember JOHN DEERE RULES!!!!!:bannana: :thumb: :woohoo1:

It's a great thing to be able to restore a family tractor. Good luck.:)

How far are you on your quest to restore your 'A' as of now? Does it look like you will be able to drive it around at Rollag this year? My friend and I are trying to get a late 40's 'A' restored and running for the JD expo; it is all sandblasted and the accessories have been refinished. We just got a parts 'A' last week and tore into it to use the crank. By the sounds of it, there will be plenty of John Deeres out at Rollag this year! (I wonder why ?? =P)

Update: I now have my own 1948 John Deere model B that already runs that I hope to bring to the expo this year, even though the paint is less than perfect...but still green! =) Hope I am able to get a spot in the line up for the tractor pull. Hopefully I will get some pictures on later...

Congratulations Casey!
:picture:

I will let the JD guys know you are coming!

Didnt see you

Hi Casey

I did not see you at steam up, or maybe I was blind.You have been MIA for a while on the form also_Or did you get a big reporting job for a magazine , due to your good stories you have written in the past on the forum.

Sorry guys, I have fallen out of the loop here on the forum during school...the senior year is a tough one because ontop of my classes, I have enough scholarships to comprise an extra class! I have been reading up on posts that I missed and actually heard about the steamup on saturday night, ironically. Just remember that I think about Steamer Hill, John Deeres, and steam engines even though I don't have time on the forum. If there is anything important, I check the PM's every day (this is my homepage:)) I look forward to being reunited out there this spring, whenever spring comes!!
100_3298-2.jpg

Unloading; my friend Josh Simek on the back and brother Corey in the front.

Below, adjusting the throttle to find the low-idle that made 2-cyl John Deeres famous.
100_3300-12.jpg

Looks like everyting is pretty straight on that unit Casey. Congratulations!:)

Rick

Hey Everyone!
I am new on here as of today. I thought I would post some pictures of my 1936 Model A John Deere on here since I am bringing it to the expo this year. I still have a little more work to do to it before the show though. Click on this link to check out my pictures of it.http://www.flickr.com/photos/26692156@N03/

Welcome to the WMSTR Forum Cody! Good to have you here!

I looked at your flickr site, and you have a lot of great restoration pictures of your "A"! It is easy to host them on flickr and post them here... see the directions on how to do this HERE. You will have to adjust for flickr vs photobucket, but no big deal. You will get these results...

2503701315_a5eb09b987.jpg

When you have time, you should start a new thread telling a photo story of your restoration progress similar to the steam engine threads that do the same. You have enough good pictures to put together a really great thread!

Back