Horse Drawn Rail Car

karl stange

Mega Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
curious as to how the saftey issues are being handled concerning this rail car...

- can the ambulatory elderly cross the rails with little effort and not trip on them?

- will people in wheel chairs be able to cross (nursing home day)?

- how will the flow of nursing home buses be routed once the rails are laid down?

- how will the road get graded when it 's needed?

- how the team of horses will react to all the people in this area. god forbid there'd be a run-away.

- are these rails going to be permanent and detract the appearance of main street?

have these questions already been debated? i surley hope so.

saftey is the only and real issue i'm talking here.

karl stange;2014 said:
curious as to how the saftey issues are being handled concerning this rail car...

Your questions have all been debated Karl. Gary Aery was involved in the decision. He does the grading, and is in charge of safety. The rail be be very unobtrusive. It will not be an issue for wheelchairs, nor any more of a hazard for pedestrians that tripping over a stone, or stepping in a pot hole. The top of the rail will be at grade. Horses will be chosen carefully for the job, and will have a handler walking along side of them. It will be a safe operation.

mark,

thanks for the reply.

i know of a few other people who didn't even know about this and had similar questions like mine.

with you being on the board, your reply to my curiousness should help ease concerns about how this will actually be in place on main street.:picture:

Back