Home built toy tractor

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jerry Christiansen, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Jerry Christiansen

Jerry Christiansen Mega Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

Hi all,

If you attended the annual meeting, you saw the home built toy tractor. The tractor at the meeting was the prototype. We auctioned it off as a fund raiser (Thank you Ray W for the non-refundable $20 bid to get things started!)

We had a break in the sale to take care of voting. By the time we got back to the sale, two different parties had called in telephone bids. I was amazed at how much these anonymous bidders were willing to pay for the prototype. As the bidding proceeded, it became apparent that upper management of the company that produced the prototype did not want it to go anywhere else other than back to the manufacturer's headquarters.

Until recently, the fate of the tractor was unknown. One of the tabloids was able to sneak into the corporate offices and was able to obtain pictures of the tractor. Now they can be shared with the whole world.

T tractor 1A.jpg

T tractor 2A.jpg

T tractor 3A.jpg

T tractor 4A.jpg

T tractor 5A.jpg

Now that we have pictures, the features of the tractor can be discussed.

Later,
    Jerry Christiansen

mrnewway and craig mattson like this.
  2. mrnewway

mrnewway Mega Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

will they be available at the show? are they numbered? what tractor was this modeled after or is just an after thought?
    This should be made into a contest so the creativity of the members of wmstr can be shown.
    Love the square wheels.

3. Jerry Christiansen

Jerry Christiansen Mega Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

Jim,

Part of the square wheel design is to make parking on the hill of Minnesota safer. Also, not needing to have blocks and a person to put the blocks in place saves time and money.

Concerning the availability, unless the manufacturer says differently, the prototype will probably be the only one built.

Later,
    Jerry Christiansen

4. M Kerkvliet

M Kerkvliet WMSTR Past President Administrator WMSTR Lifetime Member

Seems to me it went into 3 figures on the final sale! I can't quite remember exactly what the number was, but it surprised me.

mrnewway likes this.